Jump to content

5/5 Marlins have no choice but to win every remaining game of this season vs. D'backs


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

SP : Who knows ? Mattingly is considering    giving Lopez an extra day of rest

         VS. 

        Luke Weaver 

Just hitting HARD and RUNS would coming !!!

Edited by taiwanmarlin
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't wanna bust your balls but the thread title says that for the rest of the season the Marlins are only gonna win games that are vs the DBacks. 

No no, rest of the games vs the Dbacks for now. Come Friday, it'll be rest of the games against the Brewers. Then Monday, Dbacks again. Then Dodgers. Etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't wanna bust your balls but the thread title says that for the rest of the season the Marlins are only gonna win games that are vs the DBacks. 

It’s a marathon, not a spri..

 

Oh, nevermind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This lineup is so much better with BA back...and actually looking like a threat. Let's hope it continues.

Imagine Jazz and Marte were playing, too...😳

This lineup really looks way better than I thought it would be...and it's not great but it's just the injuries and consistency that is killing them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why option both Castano and Neidert and not call anyone up? Even if they only give you 3 or 4 innings, Isn't that better than to have to burn through half of your bullpen?  I mean, especially Castano.   He was decent until his last start.  I don't get it.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Why option both Castano and Neidert and not call anyone up? Even if they only give you 3 or 4 innings, Isn't that better than to have to burn through half of your bullpen?  I mean, especially Castano.   He was decent until his last start.  I don't get it.  

Yeah well I don't see your Manager of the Year trophy on your desk either! It's not up for us mortals to comprehend.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Yeah well I don't see your Manager of the Year trophy on your desk either! It's not up for us mortals to comprehend.

He would have double switched them out anyways after three innings.

Also remember to not watch this game. 💚

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Michael said:

He would have double switched them out anyways after three innings.

Also remember to not watch this game. 💚

Mattingly the Magician 

Jeter the Jester

I’m just  being silly. 

Edited by FishFry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Why option both Castano and Neidert and not call anyone up? Even if they only give you 3 or 4 innings, Isn't that better than to have to burn through half of your bullpen?  I mean, especially Castano.   He was decent until his last start.  I don't get it.  

Because neither one is that good. A bullpen game is arguably better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Iowa said:

I haaaaaaaaaate these bullpen games.. totally could have been avoided by spending a few mil. But I digress. Go Fish! 

Don't even have to spend money, not sure why they wouldn't give Neidert or Garrett another shot here. Strange for a team that preaches pitching depth to keep having bullpen games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Don't even have to spend money, not sure why they wouldn't give Neidert or Garrett another shot here. Strange for a team that preaches pitching depth to keep having bullpen games. 

Elieser and Sixto are injured, Cabrera too. And Meyer isn’t ready.

I don’t blame them for trying something different. Castano and Neidert have kind of proven that they don’t have the stuff to be traditional starters at the big league level. 
 

We’ll probably see Bender at some point tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Erick said:

Elieser and Sixto are injured, Cabrera too. And Meyer isn’t ready.

I don’t blame them for trying something different. Castano and Neidert have kind of proven that they don’t have the stuff to be traditional starters at the big league level. 
 

We’ll probably see Bender at some point tonight.

Neidert hasn't had much of an opportunity to prove that. I'd go with him over a bullpen game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Don't even have to spend money, not sure why they wouldn't give Neidert or Garrett another shot here. Strange for a team that preaches pitching depth to keep having bullpen games. 

I agree and if they want to go bullpen by committee then why send Neidert and Castano down?  Just use them for bullpen gms. We have the depth that’s not the issue.  They are getting exposed more because of the lack of run support.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Erick said:

Elieser and Sixto are injured, Cabrera too. And Meyer isn’t ready.

I don’t blame them for trying something different. Castano and Neidert have kind of proven that they don’t have the stuff to be traditional starters at the big league level. 
 

We’ll probably see Bender at some point tonight.

Castano has been decent more times than not. He's not an ACE but he's capable of being a spot starter. 

Neidert has had what, 4 starts?  His problem wasn't stuff but his command.  He was walking too many batters.  His minor league numbers were good too.  You have to give him time to adjust to MLB hitters.  Even if he has some rough starts. 

 

These bullpen games accomplish nothing and just make you burn through your bullpen.  I see this as less of a forward thinking move and more of an I don't have a plan move.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share



  • Recent Activity

    1. 116

      2021 Trade Deadline Thread

    2. 28

      Yermin Mercedes Retires; Unretires

    3. 28

      Yermin Mercedes Retires; Unretires

  • Recent Achievements

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...