Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Fangraphs: Marlins were awful, now they're kinda interesting?

1 minute ago, Undakai said:

Yeah, Fernandez actually DID increase viewership and attendance from what I recall...unfortunately he only pitched 1 out of 5 days and was out for a period of time with Tommy John surgery.

It was a good bet when he pitched we would win, and not only that, but it was a good bet that when he would pitch it would just feel good (he had a special excitement to him you don't see in many pitchers that just made him FUN to watch).

And now I'm sad again.┬á­čśó

He was so individually dominant that he  could nearly pitch his team right into the postseason.

His numbers were ridiculous his first year after TJ, I can't imagine what he would have become in his prime  

51 minutes ago, Undakai said:

the algorithms of this site believe I want to buy a motorboat´╗┐

No need to deny that motorboating is something you occasionally search for. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

No need to deny that motorboating is something you occasionally search for. 

I have literally never searched for any such thing though.┬á Like...ever (not a fan of boating/fishing/sailing)┬á­čĄö

38 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

He was so individually┬ádominant that he┬ácould nearly pitch his┬áteam´╗┐ rig´╗┐ht into the┬ápostse´╗┐aso´╗┐n´╗┐

The fact that Jose Fernandez never got to the playoffs and that Mike Trout has only been there once shows how little one great player can do when the rest of his team is flawed. Goes back to proving why the Marlins weren't as close to contention as people think. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Undakai said:

Yeah, Fernandez actually DID increase viewership and attendance from what I recall...unfortunately he only pitched 1 out of 5 days and was out for a period of time with Tommy John surgery.

Only pitched 42 home games in his career.  So like one season of the Heat having LeBron. 

7 hours ago, Undakai said:

EDIT: And for some reason, as I type this and scroll up, the algorithms´╗┐ of this site believe I want to buy a motorboat´╗┐.

It's really weird. 

the article is overall positive. it emphasizes how there is a lot of potential and value found from unusual places. I think its a fine fangraphs article about a bad team.

• Like 1