2021 Marlins Draft Discussion

Turning down 4.5 million dollars without having proven anything would be incredibly retarded. Even if it works out and he doubles the money, it's a reckless risk....

You could probably live off that money forever if you're smart about it. Not like a millionaire, but comfortably enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Marlins dont draft Watson without knowing his number to sign on the dotted line.  Otherwise its stupid to even make the pick. 

I’m not disagreeing, but why did so many teams pass on him?  I thought the experts projected him as a top 4-8 pick.  Kinda felt like a disclaimer was in play to be passed on until the 16th.

Hope you’re right. 

1 hour ago, FishFry said:

I’m not disagreeing, but why did so many teams pass on him?  I thought the experts projected him as a top 4-8 pick.  Kinda felt like a disclaimer was in play to be passed on until the 16th.

Hope you’re right. 

weird draft as so many teams were picking guys and signing under slot.  Go look at the draft board.

Teams were trying to leverage their pool by taking a guy higher that should have gone lower to have more pool for picks later on.

Historically in this error its been idiotic to not sign if you are a first round pick.  

He will sign. 

• Like 1