2021 Marlins Draft Discussion

56 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Watson just needed to see the Marlins acquire another Jesus first.

Watson saw how much money the Marlins were willing to give up to get Luzardo and realized that while the Marlins are still a poor team, they are above the 50 feet of crap unlike the Athletics. Knowing this, Watson knows the Marlins will give him the pay day that he wants, one way or another. That was the motivation he needed to sign.

I honestly don't see the point of waiting any longer. $4.5 M is a big number for a high schooler and would change his life for good. If he was going to improve his stock, he might as well do it in the minors. The pay raise from a big league salary would certainly be worth more than the raise from an increased stock.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FishFry said:

We should all thank Mack for not asking for a smudge more or he probably wouldn’t. 

a smidge more for mack just would have meant a smidge less for someone in the lower half of the top 10.

Marlins dont draft Watson and really Mack without basically knowing the general number they want. 

28 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Yeah I feel like we only have room for one jazz on our team lol 

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't see Jazz arrogant like this kid. Confidence and arrogance aren't the same thing. Jazz has a confidence and energy but he's likeable. This kid seems like he's unlikeably arrogant. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't see Jazz arrogant like this kid. Confidence and arrogance aren't the same thing. Jazz has a confidence and energy but he's likeable. This kid seems like he's unlikeably arrogant. 

Yeah, i haven't seen the arrogant side of him yet.  Immature in some instances but not arrogant yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

No Jazz is my favorite player On the team right now honestly. I’m just saying we only have room for one big personality