Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

1997 Throwback Weekend Coming July 26-28th

Probably referencing the July 4 hat since it’ll be the old F logo but with the American flag in it.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Probably referencing the July 4 hat since it’ll be the old F logo but with the American flag in it.

I don't think so. They're clearly showing the black cap here and making the tweet seem "mysterious" so to have it be a cap that's already revealed doesn't seem the way it's going. 

21 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't think so. They're clearly showing the black cap here and making the tweet seem "mysterious" so to have it be a cap that's already revealed doesn't seem the way it's going. 

Good call

Never doubt me again. 

Interesting that the Marlins are doing this again for a few reasons... last year was the 25th anniversary season so they almost had to do throwbacks. This year is not an anniversary year so there's no obligation to do it again and also they introduced the new uniforms and some teams don't like throwbacks when a new uniform is out because it can easily distract from the new look. 

So maybe this implies that they keep this up every year?

They're saying the throwbacks are for July 26-28th but that's a four game series. Wonder why not wear them in the fourth game as well? 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

They're saying the throwbacks are for July 26-28th but that's a four game series. Wonder why not wear them in the fourth game as well? 

Because that's not part of the weekend, duh.