5/9 Post Game Thread

Michael

14 minutes ago, FishFry said:

How do you figure?   

That’s like saying you’re @Photo-Realistic Billy or something who never says anything team negative

This is a message board.  I guess I won’t post anything that sounds negative.  It sure will be fun reading the gm threads though. Pretty ironic  

It was a joke, dude. That's something he would say or even has said before.

If anything, the joke was at HIS expense so I'm not quite sure why it offended you or made you think it was some kind of attack on having a different opinion.

24 minutes ago, Michael said:

Today was Sandy's normally scheduled day to go. Wasn't forwarded whatsoever.

Maybe so.  Like I said I was hoping Castano could go 5-6 innings to push Sandy back and let the bullpen go today.  

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

Call him up already!!!!!!

I don't expect his hot start to sustain, but I would like to see a bit more as a hitter from him before he gets promoted... I am hoping he still hits the ball well and forces management's hand before long.  It would really give us a sense of whether or not they truly are committed to winning this season.  Right now, if Sanchez can hit around .250 consistently at the MLB level, it's still an upgrade over Cooper

Edited by CyggyMarlin

12 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I don't expect his hot start to sustain, but I would like to see a bit more as a hitter from him before he gets promoted... I am hoping he still hits the ball well and forces management's hand before long.  It would really give us a sense of whether or not they truly are committed to winning this season.  Right now, if Sanchez can hit around .250 consistently at the MLB level, it's still an upgrade over Cooper

It's quite true. He and Lewin could probably come back up at the same time if they continue their current hard-hit pace for another couple weeks.

Cooper has options, he can be sent down.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

It's quite true. He and Lewin could probably come back up at the same time if they continue their current hard-hit pace for another couple weeks.

Cooper has options, he can be sent down.

Cooper needs a change of scenery whether it's the minors or another team.  Something is "off" with him and he needs to go someplace where he can figure it out.  Right now, he's just not contributing enough and Don putting him in the 2-hole is just idiotic.

Then again, I'm quite giddy waiting for the "kids" to come up and take over 😄

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

I’m just wondering why we even have bullpen games which feels like every few days. I just want a solid 5th starter.

I could see bullpen games for April because of how the schedule was looking, but we're almost at mid-May and still doing this?  We have no one to call up and use as a starter?  Anibal isn't good enough to try?  Do they really think we'll be competitive going forward with more bullpen games? (Not yelling at you, I'm just ranting!)

Edited by CyggyMarlin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FishFry said:

Maybe so.  Like I said I was hoping Castano could go 5-6 innings to push Sandy back and let the bullpen go today.  

Why would Castano going deeper push back Sandy's regularly-scheduled start, though?  I'm not understanding.

1 hour ago, AeroFishOne said:

I’m just wondering why we even have bullpen games which feels like every few days. I just want a solid 5th starter.

Obviously guys are injured, but yeah, I dunno.  I think they should've signed a veteran guy just to provide innings - even if everyone stayed healthy, they're all going to be on innings limits after the short season, why not have a veteran guy around?

I also didn't feel like Neidert was THAT bad when the alternative is a bullpen game for 2/5ths of your rotation?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Why would Castano going deeper push back Sandy's regularly-scheduled start, though?  I'm not understanding,

My first thoughts when Don started Castano, was that maybe, he was saving the bullpen for the next day because Castano shouldn’t be the first choice to open a bullpen gm, so it must be a 5th rotation start.   With that said, I figured why not give Sandy an extra day of rest.  For this to play out Castano would have to absorb at least 6 innings to make it possible for the bullpen to start the next day, Instead down by 2 they use Det, Bender & Curtiss on a rotation start that went 4 innings. That’s fine by me, Mattingly was tryin’ to keep them in it, but why even go with Castano in the first place and it wasn’t going to allow for another rest day which I hoped for in a perfect world.  No big deal. 

Edited by FishFry

12 hours ago, FishFry said:

How do you figure?   

That’s like saying you’re @Photo-Realistic Billy or something who never says anything team negative

This is a message board.  I guess I won’t post anything that sounds negative.  It sure will be fun reading the gm threads though. Pretty ironic  

Whoa whoa whoa! We don't need to stoop to accusing people of being me! We're all on a 1990s message board, our lives are clearly rough enough. 😂

And I would like to take a moment to address a bit of slander that has been meme'd my way. Yes, it is true I don't say anything negative about the Marlins players -- but I don't really say anything negative about any players or coaches, regardless of team, though we can leave that aside for now.

This is our team! I don't boo them when I go to the games, and I certainly don't boo them online either. Do I wish certain players had less or more playing time? Absolutely. Leon, for instance, is a guy the numbers seem to hate, but two analytical organizations (Red Sox and now the Marlins) have used him heavily. So rather than stick my neck out there and boo him when he strikes out, I'll do what ma said and say nothing if I've got nothing nice to say. Chances are, these teams may know something us mere mortals don't.

Bitching ain't cathartic. If it were, yoga instructors would use cable news as their background music. So instead, I try to be positive. If folks are gonna call me Don Mattingly's wife because of that, then hell, I'll be Mrs. Baseball.

• Shocked 1

Hope Jesus Sanchez and Lewin Diaz would come up to the majors sooner rather than later, Sanchez would easily steals some playing time from Brinson, Duvall and even Dickerson, Lewin would starts in the 1B two or three times a week or even platoons Aguilar. 

2 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

and he ends up striking out after all that bullshit.  christ that would be obnoxious to watch.  at least he'd probably get beaned a fair amount and put a runner on base for us

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.