5/9 Post Game Thread

Michael

1 minute ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Yeah, but like 3 of those K were bull calls from the ump in just one game. That was a horrible umpire job that night.

Yeah I even mentioned that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael said:

Yeah I even mentioned that.

This is also why I wasn't overly worried with Jazz last year.  I saw at least a handful of games where the umps, for whatever reason, seem to call some awful strikes against him that he was (correctly) taking as balls.  I'm sure if you wanted to dig through all the threads you could find all the games where we were complaining about it.  Now obviously it's not like 80% of his K's were bad calls but there was enough evidence there to see he had a plan at the plate and could recognize pitches unlike some others that were also up at the same time and swung at literally anything tossed in the general direction of the plate.  I really hope Brinson can at least become a decent bench piece if we plan on keeping him up?  I don't see him suddenly turning into some above average dude at this juncture but an average bench piece would also be a nice upgrade.

• Like 1