Jump to content

5/10 In the Desert on a Fish With No Name


Michael
 Share

Recommended Posts


Just now, taiwanmarlin said:

It seems would have a bullpen game in every five day and I think it would affect the use of the relief pitcher in the next several games. 

Depends how many relievers are used and who is used.

The one on Wednesday didn't hurt us whatsoever for the next two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

Depends how many relievers are used and who is used.

The one on Wednesday didn't hurt us whatsoever for the next two.

I think the manager would be forced to use the pitchers that "available " and not for the best ones, unless they have preserving those pitchers intentionally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I think the manager would be forced to use the pitchers that "available " and not for the best ones, unless they have preserving those pitchers intentionally. 

Holloway, Detwiler for sure. Most likely Curtiss. Probably not Bender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's weird how the guys usually designated for bullpen games are pretty solid and thus we look like we can win these games but then when we have a starting pitcher go 7 and then turn to the bullpen it's the other relievers, who should be the better relievers, who come in and blow those games.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Let’s see if the Marlins can win another series! 

If the Marlins can hover around the .500 mark, plus or minus 2-3 games, during this time when most of their best players are hurt, then maybe they would be in pretty good position to make a good run whenever Marte, Jazz, Elieser, Sixto and maybe Bleday are on the team.

Of course, best case scenario, the Marlins go on a big run during these next few weeks while waiting for the other players to return.

But if they can stay pretty close around the .500 mark in the meantime while waiting for the other players to get healthy, then maybe by June or July when those other players return, hopefully, they could be in a pretty good position to make a nice run down the stretch.

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Let’s see if the Marlins can win another series! 

If the Marlins can hover around the .500 mark, plus or minus 2-3 games, during this time when most of their best players are hurt, then maybe they would be in pretty good position to make a good run whenever Marte, Jazz, Elieser, Sixto and maybe Bleday are on the team.

Of course, best case scenario, the Marlins go on a big run during these next few weeks while waiting for the other players to return.

But if they can stay pretty close around the .500 mark in the meantime while waiting for the other players to get healthy, then maybe by June or July when those other players return, hopefully, they could be in a pretty good position to make a nice run down the stretch.

I've been saying lately. Tread water into July and we can make a run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Michael said:

I've been saying lately. Tread water into July and we can make a run.

You've been saying that lately.  But what are you saying currently?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

You've been saying that lately.  But what are you saying currently?

We're in the desert on a fish with no name.

But tread that water, baby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Vic D said:

I wanna see Holloway out there as a long term rotation option, not really just as another bullpen guy. I wanna see him throw 5-6 innings.

5 is possible tonight if he keeps the pitch count down!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm excited to see what Holloway can do with the start tonight.  

This lineup though?  Isan is leading off, (I like Isan but he shouldn't be leading off) Cooper 3rd? Dickerson 4th? I know our options are limited but damn...

I'd leadoff with Dickerson, move Anderson to the 3 hole, hit Brinson cleanup and Diaz would hit 5th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rydawg said:

I'm excited to see what Holloway can do with the start tonight.  

This lineup though?  Isan is leading off, (I like Isan but he shouldn't be leading off) Cooper 3rd? Dickerson 4th? I know our options are limited but damn...

I'd leadoff with Dickerson, move Anderson to the 3 hole, hit Brinson cleanup and Diaz would hit 5th.

Cooper needs to be on the bench (and maybe in AAA in a couple weeks).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...