If Lewin Díaz is ready, what should the FO do?

Ema2R

5 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

Platoon with Aggy? Yea sounds about right. Sucks that's there's no DH this year... 😔

Lewin would get the majority of playing time in this scenario given the righty to lefty ratios. He did also homer to left center off a lefty this weekend, so, that's promising.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Michael said:

Send Cooper down. He has options.

yeah, as much as I hate to say it because Coop has proven in the past to be productive when he's not injured....something just aint' right with him this season.  send him down to get his timing back or whatever the hell is off with him and give someone else a shot.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Hasn't it been like 3 or 4 games?  I'd rather see better production over more games before anointing him ready.

This is the other side of the coin and I agree with it as well. Let's see how he does against a different team now.

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Send Cooper down. He has options.

That takes care of the roster spot but it doesn't solve the problem.  Neither Aggy nor Lewin can play the OF.  Which means that you can't ever have Aggy and Lewin together in the lineup.  That means taking away ABs from Aggy. 

I think that the best thing to do is to bring up Sanchez and send Cooper down.  Have Dickerson, Brinson and Sanchez in the OF with Duvall on the bench to see how that goes.  At least until Marte can return.

2 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

That takes care of the roster spot but it doesn't solve the problem.  Neither Aggy nor Lewin can play the OF.  Which means that you can't ever have Aggy and Lewin together in the lineup.  That means taking away ABs from Aggy. 

I think that the best thing to do is to bring up Sanchez and send Cooper down.  Have Dickerson, Brinson and Sanchez in the OF with Duvall on the bench to see how that goes.  At least until Marte can return.

I'm sure Lewin could handle a corner outfield spot, he's a very solid defender. But as it is, Cooper can hardly play the outfield. Lewin would probably be a defensive upgrade in the outfield, if we're being honest.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I'm sure Lewin could handle a corner outfield spot, he's a very solid defender. But as it is, Cooper can hardly play the outfield. Lewin would probably be a defensive upgrade in the outfield, if we're being honest.

This is what I was wondering as well, Cooper is not the "greatest" in RF as it is so maybe Lewin would at least be an even swap?  If he can hit .220 with some occasional pop and be an even swap defensively with Cooper he's probably an upgrade at this point. Long enough into the season now to see that something is clearly amiss with Cooper this year. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.