Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Sandy Alcantara Named Marlins All-Star Rep

Crazy to think that the Marlins lost the Ozuna trade the instant it happened according to some armchair GMs, yet at the same time acquired both Sandy and the amazing Gallen in the deal.  While Ozuna will be a free agent after the season.  

Almost like you shouldn’t declare a trade a win or a loss so fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Almost like you shouldn’t declare a trade a win or a loss so fast.

Unless you are talking about the Gallen trade to Arizona. You can't give up a future Zac Gallen MVP of the Millennium award winner and expect to win the trade. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Unless you are talking about the Gallen trade to Arizona. You can't give up a future Zac Gallen MVP of the Millennium award winner and expect to win the trade. 

It's crazy that they already renamed the best pitcher award to the Zac Gallen™

7 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

It's crazy that they already renamed the best pitcher award to the Zac Gallen™

I mean when talent is that amazing and that obvious, it really isn't crazy.

Sandy really taking form lately. Whatever he's doing differently, he seems to have found consistency in doing so.

• Like 1

Notice how for as many people having non-stop fun ragging those who think that the Zac trade was a mistake, just as many were ragging that Sandy at his best would be a #3 and likely never be even that.   Regardless, Sandy has made all the big steps.  Heck, one for one for Ozuna may end up looking good, although I really wanted us to have held out for Flaherty.

9 hours ago, Vic D said:

Sandy really taking form lately. Whatever he's doing differently, he seems to have found consistency in doing so.

And I do like your attitude about it all - you were very negative on him but unlike many people you're willing to give people chances to improve, valuable trait! 😄

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Michael said:

And I do like your attitude about it all - you were very negative on him but unlike many people you're willing to give people chances to improve, valuable trait! 😄

Yeah I was very tough on him, I'm way too reactionary sometimes for sure! I just know he can be great, and we're starting to see that I believe. Very comfy with him and Smith going into next season as our top 2 arms. But I think I'm even more excited to see who the last 3 will be to round out the rotation. Yams, Pablo, Dugger, Hernandez along with all the minor league guys 😍