Jesus Sanchez

Posted (edited)

When is the service time cut off? Could that be part of why they haven’t brought him up?

Also, he’s ripping right now but he still worries me a bit as far as long term success goes. Looks like a shit load of swing and miss in that bat

Edited by marlinsmaniac

8 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

When is the service time cut off? Could that be part of why they haven’t brought him up?

Also, he’s ripping right now but he still worries me a bit as far as long term success goes. Looks like a shit load of swing and miss in that bat

I think your evaluation is warranted which might be the main reason he hasn’t been called up to protect him long term.   

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Michael said:

Sell high, that's why. Expiring contract anyways.

Yeah I agree, no reason that Dickerson or Duvall should be with the team next season. I say trade Dickerson at the deadline and trade Duvall in the off-season.

Let me amend that by saying if Duvall goes on an absolute year by the all star break then you trade him too but only if it’s an overpay.

Edited by marlinsmaniac

52 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Yeah I agree, no reason that Dickerson or Duvall should be with the team next season. I say trade Dickerson at the deadline and trade Duvall in the off-season.

Let me amend that by saying if Duvall goes on an absolute year by the all star break then you trade him too but only if it’s an overpay.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Depends how the team is doing too - if they're hovering around .500 and out of it or even "not really in it", trade some expiring contracts.  Otherwise, you buy - I still can see them doing both buying and selling like they did last year.

---

Regarding Sanchez, If we didn't have major offensive issues, I'd agree there's less urgency to bring him up, but the big league club is suffering offensively now in a wide open division. Early on when he was hitting well, I didn't think it was time to bring him up because of the small sample size. But he's continued to do well. I'm close to saying bring him up.

The service time is an interesting thing to consider, which I hadn't thought about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael said:

Sell high, that's why. Expiring contract anyways.

push for the playoffs.  This sell high mindset is idiotically moronic when you can actually push to make the playoff tournament. 

The division is absolutely winnable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

Dickerson has a higher OPS in 2021 and a higher career OPS than Duvall.

I imagine he meant on defense, at the very least.

Duvall's flippin' elite this year.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Depends how the team is doing too - if they're hovering around .500 and out of it or even "not really in it", trade some expiring contracts.  Otherwise, you buy - I still can see them doing both buying and selling like they did last year.

---

Regarding Sanchez, If we didn't have major offensive issues, I'd agree there's less urgency to bring him up, but the big league club is suffering offensively now in a wide open division. Early on when he was hitting well, I didn't think it was time to bring him up because of the small sample size. But he's continued to do well. I'm close to saying bring him up.

The service time is an interesting thing to consider, which I hadn't thought about.

I think “buying” this year would be very near-sighted unless it’s for a long term solution at a position of real need (which right now is either 2nd or 3rd. I’m just not convinced about BA). They should bring up the prospects this season And treat it as a dry run for them to get their feet wet cause next year is the soonest we should really be making the run for it. Should have been this year, but the injuries to Sixto, Cabrera, Elieser, and Marte have really made it as low start out of the gate. And the lack of a minor league season last year pushed the Meyer/Bleday/Burdick/etc group back a whole year. 

Unless it’s a straight salary dump and they don’t have to send anything meaningful back, “buying” means parting with something relatively substantial and I think that’s counterproductive for them at the moment. 

Edited by marlinsmaniac

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Dickerson has a higher OPS in 2021 and a higher career OPS than Duvall.

Duvall’s been playing gold glove defense though. Like, really really good. Biggest surprise of the year to me is his defense.

Because defense is the larger issue for the Marlins right?

Corey Dickerson’s offense isn’t exactly a must have.

But if you want him so bad, the Cardinals are welcome to give up a nice prospect for him. Let your guys know.

• Like 1

Admin
This post was recognized by Admin!

Das Texan was awarded the badge 'Asshole of the Day'

1 hour ago, Erick said:

Corey Dickerson’s offense isn’t exactly a must have.

But if you want him so bad, the Cardinals are welcome to give up a nice prospect for him. Let your guys know.

Always be you.

No thanks to Dickerson on the Cardinals.  Thats just dumb..

If you want to play a superior defender in the OF fine.  Just dont go bitching then when the Marlins cant score runs.

Cant have it both ways tbh. 

2 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I think “buying” this year would be very near-sighted unless it’s for a long term solution at a position of real need (which right now is either 2nd or 3rd. I’m just not convinced about BA). They should bring up the prospects this season And treat it as a dry run for them to get their feet wet cause next year is the soonest we should really be making the run for it. Should have been this year, but the injuries to Sixto, Cabrera, Elieser, and Marte have really made it as low start out of the gate. And the lack of a minor league season last year pushed the Meyer/Bleday/Burdick/etc group back a whole year. 

Unless it’s a straight salary dump and they don’t have to send anything meaningful back, “buying” means parting with something relatively substantial and I think that’s counterproductive for them at the moment. 

Sorry, I should've said "smart buying" or something to that effect.  Not just giving away a bunch of young guys for a maybe.  If you can get a guy like they did with Marte last year that'll be here for a couple years, you do it.

• Like 1

Always be you.

No thanks to Dickerson on the Cardinals.  Thats just dumb..

If you want to play a superior defender in the OF fine.  Just dont go bitching then when the Marlins cant score runs.

Cant have it both ways tbh. 

Corey Dickerson — irreplaceable bat.