Jesus Sanchez

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

We are in the race right now, who knows if we will be at that time. Go for it and bring up a guy with a flaming hot bat. It isn’t like our offense is packed with hot bats. 

I agree.  I don't think we can wait until a June 20th like we did with Cabrera.  Only a few games back in the division which is up for grabs NOW

2 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I agree.  I don't think we can wait until a June 20th like we did with Cabrera.  Only a few games back in the division which is up for grabs NOW

Actually it's up for grabs tonight, NOW there isn't any game going on. Can't win the game six hours before it starts.

34 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Call him up and send Isan back down

Why not just swap him and Sierra directly?  OF for OF.  Not saying Isan deserves to stay here, but a direct swap of positions makes more sense to me.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Why not just swap him and Sierra directly?  OF for OF.  Not saying Isan deserves to stay here, but a direct swap of positions makes more sense to me.

They'd rather use options than DFA and that would have to be the case for Sierra, to DFA.

Feels like Sierra will be DFAd as soon as they "need" to do it. If there's someone who can be optioned down like Brinson or Monte they'll keep doing that but once it's down to Sierra I don't feel like they'll hesitate to make that move. He hasn't done anything to make himself a keeper.

8 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Feels like Sierra will be DFAd as soon as they "need" to do it. If there's someone who can be optioned down like Brinson or Monte they'll keep doing that but once it's down to Sierra I don't feel like they'll hesitate to make that move. He hasn't done anything to make himself a keeper.

So what exactly are they waiting for?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Erick said:

It would hurt our depth at 2B.

Directly swapping in Sanchez - an OF - for Sierra - also an OF - would hurt our depth at 2B?

Edited by rmc523

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Directly swapping in Sanchez - an OF - for Sierra - also an OF - would hurt our depth at 2B?

It would hurt our minor league depth so cheap Jeter wouldn't be able to brag as easily about the prospects they have

10 hours ago, rmc523 said:

There was a picture of Jose Salas playing second and everyone thought it was Sierra even though mags is lefty. He was just making a reference to an old post lol

16 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

There was a picture of Jose Salas playing second and everyone thought it was Sierra even though mags is lefty. He was just making a reference to an old post lol

Kinda a dumb reference though since it wasnt him.