5/16 Post Game Thread

1 hour ago, FishFan95 said:

How the Hell is this team just 3 games back of 1st after 40 games? We could be in 1st place by this point next week given our upcoming schedule.

Makes me think we could have even been in first place today if we had shown some urgency with recent roster decisions. The division is within reach, admittedly understanding that it's still just May, but they've been pretty content with half assing the roster this month. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Makes me think we could have even been in first place today if we had shown some urgency with recent roster decisions. The division is within reach, admittedly understanding that it's still just May, but they've been pretty content with half assing the roster this month. 

Quality post. Theyve had zero sense of urgency with roster management.  Maybe they read too many of those "it's not a sprint it's a marathon" posts 🙂

26 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Quality post. Theyve had zero sense of urgency with roster management.  Maybe they read too many of those "it's not a sprint it's a marathon" posts 🙂

That was my quote.  I see you used it out of context.  Could you at least quote the full post?  Im usually one of the first posters to call out Don and the lack of urgency from this front office. 

2 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Neidert and Castano are lined up to start Tuesday. They could also put Brinson on the retroactive IL so that they can recall Poteet. Several possible options.

Mattingly used Brinson as a defensive replacement today so they can't really back date an IL stint for him. It's probably the way to go anyway, but he'll need to spend (almost) the full 10 days. 

10 hours ago, hovertical said:

Yep, and I get where that thinking comes from, but in this marathon if you have the chance to trip up some of the other runners you should probably take that opportunity as well. That's what the Marlins aren't doing lately. 

46 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

🤣🤣🤣

I don't know if anyone really wants an explanation for that but it's not the Dodgers blatantly misspelling his name. That's a closed captioning for the hearing impaired, like subtitles, often those things have incorrect spellings because they are done electronically based on the phonetic sounds, basically it's done by a computer who hears the sound of the "Duvall" and spells it the way it thinks it should be spelled. It's not done by a human being who incorrectly typed his name there.

• Like 3