5/19 Post Game Thread

11 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Nope.

It's not like Yimi struck him out or got him to make a clear out. I don't know which ballparks that ball gets out of, if any, but Yimi left one out over the plate and pretty much gave up a bomb and got saved by the dimensions of the ballpark. 

Got saved by the dimensions of a small ballpark?  That's probably not out at any park.  LMAO. You are being sarcastic. 

11 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Nope.

It's not like Yimi struck him out or got him to make a clear out. I don't know which ballparks that ball gets out of, if any, but Yimi left one out over the plate and pretty much gave up a bomb and got saved by the dimensions of the ballpark. 

Saying a pitcher was saved by the dimensions of Citizen Bank Park is hilarious. It was a bad pitch, yes. But he wasn’t saved by CBP of all parks lol. He was saved by Knapp being at the plate 

18 minutes ago, Iowa said:

How can anyone be upset? He got a 4-out save and we had some luck on the road against a rival. Happy times

I get what you're saying but I also get what others are saying because a better hitter than Knapp probably would have blasted that out. It was a clear mistake pitch. People have just seen the bullpen cracking the last couple days so there's cause for concern. We've all been very emotionally abused by the underwhelming performance this season following a postseason ride.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

I get what you're saying but I also get what others are saying because a better hitter than Knapp probably would have blasted that out. It was a clear mistake pitch. People have just seen the bullpen cracking the last couple days so there's cause for concern. We've all been very emotionally abused by the underwhelming performance this season following a postseason ride.

I get the disappointment to an extent.  Especially since the SP has been so good and that the bullpen has been flat-out great until Tuesday.   

However, we all saw the roster coming into the season.  Everything had to be perfect for us to make it back into the post season.  We had question marks everywhere except CF, SS, 1st base and the top 2 rotation spots.  

I'm happy if we play at or above .500.  In my book, the performances by Jazz and Trevor have made this a fun and successful start to the season.  I can't wait for Sanchez to be called up soon and then Bleday after that.  I just want to see the young talent graduate to the Big Leagues and see them starting to show and reach their potential.  

1 hour ago, SongInTheAir said:

Quick reminder that Yimi Garica is not a good pitcher, he's been a lucky pitcher so far this year though. He gives up some of the hardest contact in baseball and has an expected ERA (based on batted ball profile and some other things) over 5.00. 

This is true about his numbers this year, but it’s false that he’s not a good pitcher. He’s not a 5 ERA pitcher just because his expected ERA is at 5 in a small sample. Quality of contact can change over time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I know what I said. The guy made a mistake pitch and it was blasted and he got lucky it didn't go out. 

I don't think anyone's arguing that - I agree we were lucky.....I thought it was gone off the bat.  They're instead arguing the saved by Citizens Bank Park dimensions part, which is a notoriously small park.  Had it been in SF out in that right center corner, I don't think anyone would argue that.

1 hour ago, Erick said:

This is true about his numbers this year, but it’s false that he’s not a good pitcher. He’s not a 5 ERA pitcher just because his expected ERA is at 5 in a small sample. Quality of contact can change over time.

Okay, yes this is true. But I'm still not super comfortable with a fly ball pitcher in the ninth inning. 

2 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Quick reminder that Yimi Garica is not a good pitcher, he's been a lucky pitcher so far this year though. He gives up some of the hardest contact in baseball and has an expected ERA (based on batted ball profile and some other things) over 5.00. 

Sorry  SITA, in the real world, Yimi has 18K's in 17 IP with a 1.53 ERA and a 0.96 WHIP.

In his career, Yimi has 203 K's in 192 IP with a 3.23 ERA and a 0.98 WHIP.  

Yimi is a good pitcher. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Sorry  SITA, in the real world, Yimi has 18K's in 17 IP with a 1.53 ERA and a 0.96 WHIP.

In his career, Yimi has 203 K's in 192 IP with a 3.23 ERA and a 0.98 WHIP.  

Yimi is a good pitcher. 

Yimi is a good pitcher when batters don't make contact. When they do? Missiles. It's not super different from Nick Anderson. Batted balls are a problem, so when he doesn't have his "strikeout stuff" he will struggle to get guys out. I exaggerated, my bad. He's not a bad pitcher, because results definitely matter. But he's not as good as his numbers look sometimes. 

I saw a Phillies fan say that the Phillies only lost the game because the umpire did not call Cooper out for running outside the base line. As if the Marlins didn't already have 2 runs before that point and the Phillies only scored 1 in the game. Do these people even watch the game or are they just that stupid?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

I saw a Phillies fan say that the Phillies only lost the game because the umpire did not call Cooper out for running outside the base line. As if the Marlins didn't already have 2 runs before that point and the Phillies only scored 1 in the game. Do these people even watch the game or are they just that stupid?

Can't they be both? ❤️

• Haha 1

Food for thought,

We average 2.7 runs per in the last 11 games which somehow worsened since BA returned. You wouldn’t know it from any of the post gm Q/A though.  The BA reference was just a timeline nothing more.

Management is just to complacent.

4 minutes ago, FishFry said:

Food for thought,

We average 2.7 runs per in the last 11 games which somehow worsened since BA returned. You wouldn’t know it from any of the post gm Q/A though.  The BA reference was just a timeline nothing more.

Management is just to complacent.

Yeah a few of us have thought they've been a little too complacent and overall slow with moves this year considering there's no runaway division leader either - they just don't seem interested in trying to take advantage of that

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

Yeah a few of us have thought they've been a little too complacent and overall slow with moves this year considering there's no runaway division leader either - they just don't seem interested in trying to take advantage of that

"We're just trying to see what kind of division this is before we go all into it."

- Mama Ng, probably.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1