5/20 Post Game Thread

Michael

Welcome back, El Sandy!

Got our boy some run support, too! 6-0 win.

Nicely done by Cimber, Detwiler, and Pop to finish things off.

Coopahhhhhhhhhh! Long dong and a three bagger. And a single shy of a cycle minus the scorekeeper's "error" call.

Miggy Bro with a ding dong, too.

Good stuff. We win this series.

How many times has Isan been picked off 1st? I can count at least 3. It's like he's asleep on base, on defense, and dead at the plate. 

Such a shame how much he's shown he cannot understand the game or even be decent at it. I was psyched for him as a prospect and when he got called up. 

Now he's worse than Brinson. Hard to imagine. 

4 minutes ago, QbanCastillo said:

How many times has Isan been picked off 1st? I can count at least 3. It's like he's asleep on base, on defense, and dead at the plate. 

Such a shame how much he's shown he cannot understand the game or even be decent at it. I was psyched for him as a prospect and when he got called up. 

Now he's worse than Brinson. Hard to imagine. 

I think a few of said it last season - he just doesn't seem to have much passion for the game itself.  I mean you don't have to be all super amped like Jazz but he just gives off a "don't give a shit" vibe.  Can't really quantify it however as you too have noted, that's what the "eye-test" says.  He's so low-energy and effort.  I cringed every time a ball was hit in his general direction.  No sense of urgency..just...meh

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I think a few of said it last season - he just doesn't seem to have much passion for the game itself.  I mean you don't have to be all super amped like Jazz but he just gives off a "don't give a shit" vibe.  Can't really quantify it however as you too have noted, that's what the "eye-test" says.  He's so low-energy and effort.  I cringed every time a ball was hit in his general direction.  No sense of urgency..just...meh

I noticed this in person, all the way from the right field seats in Dodger Stadium. Isan does not look like he is trying nearly as hard as the other players on the team. He relied on his talent in the minor leagues, which worked out fine, but at the big league level, you need more than just talent. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.