Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Marlins Instagram strikes again

It’s really not a dumb opinion though. It’s dumb that the Marlins had a representative this year.

Our representative is 4-8 with a 3.82 ERA/1.4 WHIP this year. It’s a lame rule.

• Love 1

If the team scored runs, you could flip his win-loss around. I appreciate his peripherals making us worried about regression, but I have no problem with that every team gets somebody due to tradition.

Cooper, Smith, Lopez, and Anderson were all hurt at the time of selection. All 4 of those players were more deserving than Alcantara. With that said, Alcantara has been extremely interesting.

And with all that, Sandy represented the team just fine.  Topped out at 98-99 and good slider.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Whether Sandy was the best representative for the Marlins is a different argument (he wasn't) and we've discussed that at length but I don't think it's a dumb rule to have each team represented in an exhibition game with over 60 players participating. The actual best players still get in and it's good exposure for each team to be represented. It's supposed to be the best players of all 30 teams not just the best players of the best teams only. What's the point of having 6 or 7 guys from one team? In that situation would the last 3 or 4 guys really be All Star worthy either? Anyways, the guy in the original post was really reaching to say that not one guy on the team deserves a spot. Being last place and having a shit record doesn't mean every player on the team is having a bad season, there are several players on the Marlins having seasons worth rewarding. Besides it's not even a real reward so let's not overthink All Star worthiness either, it's literally just the chance to play half an inning in a nationally televised exhibition game. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Erick said:

It’s really not a dumb opinion though. It’s dumb that the Marlins had a representative this year.

Our representative is 4-8 with a 3.82 ERA/1.4 WHIP this year. It’s a lame rule.

Lol Win/Loss record c’mon, Erick.  You’re better than that. 

Three teams have a worse Run Differential than the Marlins (two of them substantially worse).  We deserved a representative.  They chose the wrong one in my opinion but every team should have one player (at least).  

• Like 1

I am sure there have been questionable All-Stars in the past due to the rule, it is funny how it now becomes controversial due to it being the Marlins.

I like the rule. It is an exhibition game. Every team should be represented. 

I agree with both - he didn't deserve to be there, but he also represented the marlins quite well

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I am sure there have been questionable All-Stars in the past due to the rule, it is funny how it now becomes controversial due to it being the Marlins.

I like the rule. It is an exhibition game. Every team should be represented. 

Remember in 2012 when we technically had no representatives because Stanton got hurt and they replaced him with Harper? Nobody seemed to care about that.