Anderson to 10 day DL, Isan recalled

I hope Jon Berti starts hitting a bit better and stays in the lineup at third base while BA is out.

Hopefully they don't move Rojas to 3B and Jazz to SS just to put Isan at 2B because of lefty/righty matchups.

I would rather see Eddie Alvarez called up and send Isan to AAA and let Berti play every day regardless of his hitting for the time being, he's better defensively, and let Alvarez and Devers. But that won't happen because some people are still hanging on to their last string of hope that Isan will one day start playing like a Major Leaguer.

6 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

I hope Jon Berti starts hitting a bit better and stays in the lineup at third base while BA is out.

Hopefully they don't move Rojas to 3B and Jazz to SS just to put Isan at 2B because of lefty/righty matchups.

I would rather see Eddie Alvarez called up and send Isan to AAA and let Berti play every day regardless of his hitting for the time being, he's better defensively, and let Alvarez and Devers. But that won't happen because some people are still hanging on to their last string of hope that Isan will one day start playing like a Major Leaguer.

What makes you think Alvarez can 'play like a major leaguer"?

1 hour ago, Rydawg said:

What makes you think Alvarez can 'play like a major leaguer"?

I don’t think he can - because he hasn’t played enough MLB games to show if he can or not. But I wouldn’t mind if the Marlins gave him a chance to get some more MLB experience. I doubt it would be any worse than how Isan Diaz has been playing. But that’s not going to happen.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Michael said:

Not sure Alvarez can be moved to the MLB team until after the Olympics now, actually. He's on the qualifying roster and if I remember correctly, no current MLB player can be on the Olympic teams.

You make it sound like the Marlins can't make the move because of this rule. The Marlins could still add him if I'm not mistaken, he'd be off the Olympic team obviously but it's not like the Olympics are dictating what the Marlins do.

41 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

You make it sound like the Marlins can't make the move because of this rule. The Marlins could still add him if I'm not mistaken, he'd be off the Olympic team obviously but it's not like the Olympics are dictating what the Marlins do.

Do you really want that press? I can see it now.

"Marlins Deny Alvarez Olympics Return"

9 minutes ago, Michael said:

Do you really want that press? I can see it now.

"Marlins Deny Alvarez Olympics Return"

If we really wanna discuss this... Alvarez has already been in the Olympics before and has won a medal, being there again is nice but his priority should be finding an opportunity to stick in the major leagues. Cherish the Olympic opportunity but I'd be more interested in an MLB call up at this point if I was him.