Morimando DFAd, Neidert recalled

11 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Them making believe Jesus Sanchez doesn't exist was a big sign of that.

at this point does anyone on here believe they ARE trying their BEST to win?

their offseason and moves (mostly lack thereof) this season have seriously put some dents in my faith in their level of committment to really put a winning product out there.  I was not a fan of some of their moves and how they handled the ownership transition but have come to accept their group based on a lot of positives they have accomplished in their tenure.  but man....this year...phew...just a weird lack of anything.  just seemingly total indifference. 

we just all want a freaking winner and yeah, as said before, with as close as the division is we could have likely owned a good early-season lead over the other teams with just some logical moves and signings.  don't get the silent treatment from the FO at all.

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

at this point does anyone on here believe they ARE trying their BEST to win?

their offseason and moves (mostly lack thereof) this season have seriously put some dents in my faith in their level of committment to really put a winning product out there.  I was not a fan of some of their moves and how they handled the ownership transition but have come to accept their group based on a lot of positives they have accomplished in their tenure.  but man....this year...phew...just a weird lack of anything.  just seemingly total indifference. 

we just all want a freaking winner and yeah, as said before, with as close as the division is we could have likely owned a good early-season lead over the other teams with just some logical moves and signings.  don't get the silent treatment from the FO at all.

That’s my thing. Don’t come at us like your trying to win especially a year from making the playoffs shortened year or not and then basically do the exact oppostite. If we were a loser last year way behind very early, I understand it, but that’s not what’s happened

At this point I'm pretty set on the idea that the FO was not counting on the team to go to the playoffs last year and so it ruined their plans of "sucking" for 1 more year this year so they could stockpile good draft picks. Hard for the FO to make a playoff push when the team isn't quite ready, Covid ruined finances and advancement of the prospects, as well as the playoffs getting in the way of the "trust in the process" narrative.

I don't think the FO will do anything of significance this year. Thus, wasting opportunity to build goodwill with the fanbase. Next year they'll do something but not quite enough, and it'll be a slow buildup to then possibly make splashes in 2023 and hopefully they're all-in commitment-wise (locking down good players, FA signings, etc..). Sure doesn't help them getting fans in the stands as soon as possible.

I think the FO is stuck on that balancing act of not over doing it when they do go for it. They're trying to not pull a Loria.

But every win the team gets now is another loud hint to the front office to make the right moves sooner than later. They're probably still on that stupid "it's early" shit. We're a few days away from June so it's clearly about to not be "early" anymore. They need to get on it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.