Sign in to follow this  
Michael

7/14 Mets @ Marlins

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

To be fair, if we didn't have that box there, would we have thought it was a strike either?

You would think after all these years, they would be trained to watch the ball go over the plate but so many umpires continue to be fooled by where the catchers mitt ends up at instead and always call those pitches balls. 

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Eh ... manager can't tell in or out from the dugout, why get run? But I'm with you, he needs to stick up for them. So much for being a "player's manager." Loved Anderson's reaction, though. Just staring straight at the umpire, "NO!" Lol.

The fact that Anderson said 2 different things to the umpire, you gotta take his side and come out and if you get thrown out, so be it. This crew has been terrible all series (Alfaro got screwed last night as well)  and Don just sits there and says nothing. 

Just now, Lakeshow00 said:

You would think after all these years, they would be trained to watch the ball go over the plate but so many umpires continue to be fooled by where the catchers mitt ends up at instead and always call those pitches balls. 

Yeah, I agree with this as well. Once every so often would be OK but, my goodness. Wait for the arguments once the automatic zone is in place ...

We just saw what happens when you have an actual outfielder out there. Puello peeled off after Anderson said "I got it!" Riddle probably would have dove into Anderson's knees on that one.

Side note, on the pitch that got slightly away from Holaday, umpire really needed to move out of the way there. He is sure getting on my nerves.

So Romos whole strategy was to pitch Cano away yet we have a shift on?  Just little things like that tells you just how dumb this manager is. 

Miggy Ro with a fantabulous double play ... way too late.

Just now, Michael said:

Miggy Ro with a fantabulous double play ... way too late.

Miggy has been good this whole year in every fashion.