Jump to content

Marcell Ozuna Arrested on Assault, Battery Charges


rmc523
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, QbanCastillo said:

To add to your point:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/05/marcell-ozuna-injured-after-wife-hit-him-with-soap-dish-report/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8392753/Wife-Braves-Marcell-Ozuna-arrested-domestic-battery-hitting-soap-dish.html

 

She's also a domestic violence abuser. Yet, she gets no jail time, and even the order to stay away was amended...oh, and the laceration Ozuna got "wasn't serious", but hand bruising is? Double standards. They're both shitty people for doing that to each other but I can't stand when some are treated differently than others when it comes to the law.

This needs to goto the ring death match style honestly.

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2021 at 2:16 AM, QbanCastillo said:

To add to your point:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/05/marcell-ozuna-injured-after-wife-hit-him-with-soap-dish-report/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8392753/Wife-Braves-Marcell-Ozuna-arrested-domestic-battery-hitting-soap-dish.html

 

She's also a domestic violence abuser. Yet, she gets no jail time, and even the order to stay away was amended...oh, and the laceration Ozuna got "wasn't serious", but hand bruising is? Double standards. They're both shitty people for doing that to each other but I can't stand when some are treated differently than others when it comes to the law.

If a woman can get away with DV towards a  professional sports player, just imagine what they can do to an average male citizen.  

If men reported DV and sexual harassment on the same grounds as women, in this generation, I pretty much bet the numbers would be higher for men than women.  

Bruised arms on a woman can apply from self-defense of the man she is abusing. The struggle of holding someone from their attacker’s weight and force will bruise the aggressor every time.  Doesn’t matter how small she is either.   

Edited by FishFry
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 2:06 PM, FishFry said:

If a woman can get away with DV towards a  professional sports player, just imagine what they can do to an average male citizen.  

If men reported DV and sexual harassment on the same grounds as women, in this generation, I pretty much bet the numbers would be higher for men than women.  

Bruised arms on a woman can apply from self-defense of the man she is abusing. The struggle of holding someone from their attacker’s weight and force will bruise the aggressor every time.  Doesn’t matter how small she is either.   

lol at the idea that more women violently abuse men than the other way around

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2021 at 2:06 PM, Entendu said:

I don't think punishment really deters anyone who does this in the heat of the moment. If you want him gone to deter others, you'll fall at that. Unless they're truly pieces of shit, this stuff isn't done while thinking logically. If you want him gone because he did something terrible, then that's one thing. Maybe this was his worst moment or maybe he's done it before. I don't know... but you can't definitively call him a horrible person because he did one horrible thing in the heat of the moment. 

I wouldn't ban him from the game. I'd suspend him without pay and maybe set his wife up with whatever pay he doesn't receive so she can feel enabled to leave him if necessary. 

On the other hand, he's made enough money that removing his livelihood shouldn't leave him in squalor to the detriment of society... So regardless, Marcell will be ok. There should be mechanisms in place to ensure his wife is ok, though.

Thanks for a thoughtful post, @Entendu. I'm not sure where I stand with all of your points, but they made me think and gave me some new perspectives.

 

I agree that there's often a flimsy correlation between punishment and deterrence. Very few people know all the possibilities for punishment for various actions. Hell, most Americans commit multiple felonies a day without knowing (depending on how one interprets the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act)!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, mystikol87 said:

lol at the idea that more women violently abuse men than the other way around

Turn off the tv, the 60 minutes and the Hollywood propaganda and you might actually see the world around you without someone else forming it for you.  

Women can divorce men just on the grounds of not being happy, while the suicide rate of a divorced man is 9 to 1 over a woman.  The chances of a woman being arrested for domestic violence is probably under 50% compared to man who can be arrested just for a complaint without proof or prior history. It’s also significantly proven that men overwhelmingly do not report physical abuse, let alone on the same grounds as a woman.  

Ozuna will be punished (rightfully so) and she will be rewarded, and it will only strengthen your viewpoints of being uninformed.   

Go ahead and laugh it off, while innocent men are being destroyed from their families everyday.  

Edited by FishFry
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

lol at the idea that more women violently abuse men than the other way around

While I won’t say it’s on the level that FishFry reasons, domestic violence against men happens more than many think. Underreported and undercharged for a number of reasons. 

Edited by AeroFishOne
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Domestic issues are on the rise and are definitely underreported.

Courts treat the father like a second class citizen in custody cases.  The burden of proof on custody is so fucking skewed its crazy.

A father has to show insanely overwhelming evidence that he should have custody over the mother that its insane.

Its a product of our history though:

Male - provider

Female - nurturer

What's muddied this water that nobody has really figured out how to properly react is the rise of equality toward women.

Women should be paid the same for jobs.  But women should also be required to sign up for selective service.  Women should have the same opportunities as men, but also the same responsibilities.   

But we arent even close in the USA to that existing on any of those fronts. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2021 at 12:01 AM, FishFry said:

Turn off the tv, the 60 minutes and the Hollywood propaganda and you might actually see the world around you without someone else forming it for you.  

Women can divorce men just on the grounds of not being happy, while the suicide rate of a divorced man is 9 to 1 over a woman.  The chances of a woman being arrested for domestic violence is probably under 50% compared to man who can be arrested just for a complaint without proof or prior history. It’s also significantly proven that men overwhelmingly do not report physical abuse, let alone on the same grounds as a woman.  

Ozuna will be punished (rightfully so) and she will be rewarded, and it will only strengthen your viewpoints of being uninformed.   

Go ahead and laugh it off, while innocent men are being destroyed from their families everyday.  

That first paragraph makes you sound like a Q-anon idiot. I'm not saying you are, but if you want anyone to take you seriously, you might want to drop that.

You lose all credibility when you make up a number about the difference in suicide rates. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide#:~:text=Globally%2C death by suicide occurred,over the age of 65.

You give your other stat a "probably" (see: this is my biased guess). And there is literally NO difference in the reasons why a person can file for divorce that are related to your gender.

Yet you want to call me uninformed...right. And claim that you know how I'll respond to the outcome of the Ozuna story. It's also embarrassing that @SilverBullet liked this garbage.

Remember, this was your quote: "If men reported DV and sexual harassment on the same grounds as women, in this generation, I pretty much bet the numbers would be higher for men than women."

Now, men do commit suicide way more than women. And men for multiple reasons, probably shame as the leading one, underreport domestic abuse. And domestic abuse is severely underreported in general. We can talk about that without minimizing the abuse of women by men.

I'd think intimate partner murder data is hard to fudge, and Wiki says women are 3x more likely (in raw numbers, not as a %) to be victims of this than men are: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_in_the_United_States#Murder

 

  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2021 at 9:25 AM, AeroFishOne said:

While I won’t say it’s on the level that FishFry reasons, domestic violence against men happens more than many think. Underreported and undercharged for a number of reasons. 

Absolutely agreed. We can and should be able to have an important conversation without saying idiotic things that minimize the experiences of women.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, Das Texan said:

Domestic issues are on the rise and are definitely underreported.

Courts treat the father like a second class citizen in custody cases.  The burden of proof on custody is so fucking skewed its crazy.

A father has to show insanely overwhelming evidence that he should have custody over the mother that its insane.

Its a product of our history though:

Male - provider

Female - nurturer

What's muddied this water that nobody has really figured out how to properly react is the rise of equality toward women.

Women should be paid the same for jobs.  But women should also be required to sign up for selective service.  Women should have the same opportunities as men, but also the same responsibilities.   

But we arent even close in the USA to that existing on any of those fronts. 

I've heard that about the family law/custody rules. You're right that our rules ought to evolve with the time. The law notoriously lags behind public opinion or shifting values. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mystikol87 said:

That first paragraph makes you sound like a Q-anon idiot. I'm not saying you are, but if you want anyone to take you seriously, you might want to drop that.

You lose all credibility when you make up a number about the difference in suicide rates. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide#:~:text=Globally%2C death by suicide occurred,over the age of 65.

You give your other stat a "probably" (see: this is my biased guess). And there is literally NO difference in the reasons why a person can file for divorce that are related to your gender.

Yet you want to call me uninformed...right. And claim that you know how I'll respond to the outcome of the Ozuna story. It's also embarrassing that @SilverBullet liked this garbage.

Remember, this was your quote: "If men reported DV and sexual harassment on the same grounds as women, in this generation, I pretty much bet the numbers would be higher for men than women."

Now, men do commit suicide way more than women. And men for multiple reasons, probably shame as the leading one, underreport domestic abuse. And domestic abuse is severely underreported in general. We can talk about that without minimizing the abuse of women by men.

I'd think intimate partner murder data is hard to fudge, and Wiki says women are 3x more likely (in raw numbers, not as a %) to be victims of this than men are: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_in_the_United_States#Murder

 

You have some gaping holes in your defense for such a delayed response.  Try digesting some facts. 

Clearly I said the suicide rate for men in DIVORCE is 9:1 over women.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/acquainted-the-night/201906/divorce-is-risk-factor-suicide-especially-men%3famp

You clearly know this, but you can’t help yourself as an apologist, so you skewed the topic of DIVORCE suicide cases into suicide as a whole demographic.   Let’s not stop there.  Pretty hypocritical for saying I lose credibility with words as “probably”.  Yet you just did it yourself by saying men “probably” commit suicide due to shame?  That’s not entirely true either, read the above article.  Better yet I’ll just quote it here.

“Dr. Kposowa, a sociologist at the University of California–Riverside, suggested that society has undervalued the strength of paternal-child bonds, and thus underestimated the traumatic effect of severing those bonds through our typical custody arrangements. Further, we fail to appreciate the catastrophic financial impact of divorce on men, and the anger and resentment engendered by losses of both property and status in the wake of a divorce settlement.”

Regarding my comment that men don’t report domestic abuse on the same grounds as women is true.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1UC2EF 

In the article it even says men “victims were often unaware that services for them existed. And when they did know about interventions, they didn't believe the interventions were likely to be helpful”. Isn’t that fascinating. 

Now, are men more heinous when they abuse women (like Ozuna) but that doesn’t mean the are less abused.  You do a good job at spinning the facts, I’ll give you that.

Be a bit more respectable when you call out other posters.  Some people who read this actually might have went through some traumatic experience.

 

Edited by FishFry
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FishFry said:

You have some gaping holes in your defense for such a delayed response.  Try digesting some facts. 

Clearly I said the suicide rate for men in DIVORCE is 9:1 over women.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/acquainted-the-night/201906/divorce-is-risk-factor-suicide-especially-men%3famp

You clearly know this, but you can’t help yourself as an apologist, so you skewed the topic of DIVORCE suicide cases into suicide as a whole demographic.   Let’s not stop there.  Pretty hypocritical for saying I lose credibility with words as “probably”.  Yet you just did it yourself by saying men “probably” commit suicide due to shame?  That’s not entirely true either, read the above article.  Better yet I’ll just quote it here.

“Dr. Kposowa, a sociologist at the University of California–Riverside, suggested that society has undervalued the strength of paternal-child bonds, and thus underestimated the traumatic effect of severing those bonds through our typical custody arrangements. Further, we fail to appreciate the catastrophic financial impact of divorce on men, and the anger and resentment engendered by losses of both property and status in the wake of a divorce settlement.”

Regarding my comment that men don’t report domestic abuse on the same grounds as women is true.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1UC2EF 

In the article it even says men “victims were often unaware that services for them existed. And when they did know about interventions, they didn't believe the interventions were likely to be helpful”. Isn’t that fascinating. 

Now, are men more heinous when they abuse women (like Ozuna) but that doesn’t mean the are less abused.  You do a good job at spinning the facts, I’ll give you that.

Be a bit more respectable when you call out other posters.  Some people who read this actually might have went through some traumatic experience.

 

I misread your quote about suicide, so that’s on me. My apologies for that.

Lol at the length of time it took to respond having any relevance.

There’s a difference between saying “probably” about a purported statistic, especially one that’s highly relevant to the discussion…versus saying “probably” about an explanation for why we see something when we weren’t arguing about that aspect. My theory about shame wasn’t meant to disprove anything you said. That’s plainly obvious by the way I wrote that paragraph.

I also agreed with you already about men underreporting severely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Don't do this. SB doesn't have to be called out on these things for having a different opinion.

Argue the post itself, perfectly fine. Just keep it civil. You've been around long enough to know that.

While I amend my opinion about how “garbage” the post was, as I misread the stats being about *divorced* people specifically…

it still called me “uninformed,” which was a vast leap from my comment. And it said “Turn off the tv, the 60 minutes and the Hollywood propaganda and you might actually see the world around you without someone else forming it for you.”

I’m not insulted, but that is some insulting stuff.

I think it’s perfectly appropriately to hold mods to a higher standard when it comes to an insulting and borderline-attacking post. Mods should be cooling the flames, not fanning them. SB may have had their own reasons for liking the post, but a like nevertheless appears as an endorsement of the whole unless other context is given.

Anywho, I don’t plan to respond on the “going after people” piece of this back and forth after this, as I don’t think I have anything else productive to say. 

I’m still interested in the facts and analysis piece of this, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Don't do this. SB doesn't have to be called out on these things for having a different opinion.

Argue the post itself, perfectly fine. Just keep it civil. You've been around long enough to know that.

Oh but its ok to call out certain users around here for having a different rooting interest and be a jackass just because, haha.

Double standard always around here tbh. 

So many times the post is not argued, but the person making the post.

Be consistent for a change.

tbh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Oh but its ok to call out certain users around here for having a different rooting interest and be a jackass just because, haha.

Double standard always around here tbh. 

So many times the post is not argued, but the person making the post.

Be consistent for a change.

tbh. 

You're a fun case though 💙

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Recent Activity

    1. 2

      June 13th Marlins vs Braves- 1:10 pm

    2. 185

      The Fire Don Mattingly Thread

  • Recent Achievements

    • ZfromCIS went up a rank
      Blue Wahoo
    • mystikol87 earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • ZfromCIS earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • Jules8003 earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • miamimarlin earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...