6/2 Post Game Thread

Michael

Just now, Das Texan said:

I forget, is Duvall still the far superior player to Dickerson or nah?

Our pitching staff was far superior to Carlos Martinez tonight, so suck a bag of dicks.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Damn Silver, you've changed your tune on this FO lately.

Serious and very obvious lack of urgency lately from them and I can't deny it or defend it. 

And it's because I see a need for urgency now. The team is supposed to be better than this, roster construction and decision making is awful right now, and I see the division so flimsy that it feels like we're wasting the chance to strike and thus losing winnable games. 

I would feel very different and be more patient if we weren't (supposedly) contending and if the division wasn't within reach.

They're gonna have to do a lot to change my mind now.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

This phrase has always made me wonder, are you supposed to suck the actual bag or suck each of the dicks that are inside the bag? 

It’s all of them in the bag.

In this case, there are 14 in the bag for every run the Dodgers scored against the Cardinals tonight.

• Haha 2

I get the whole "stay the course" thing, but the continual bizarre moves and lack of urgency to do ANYTHING is inexplicable.

And I don't think they need to do scorched earth every time they lose a few games, but there's no energy like we saw last year, no excitement.  Couple that with pure service time manipulation when the team needs help, and it's starting to seem like "same old Marlins."

• Like 2

We fans are a big family,

Bruce Sherman won't be the owner of Miami Marlins forever, 

Derek Jeter won't be the CEO of Miami Marlins forever, 

Kim Ng won't be the GM of Miami Marlins forever, 

But all of us maybe would be the Miami Marlins fans FOREVER. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael said:

Friday, May 28th, Red Sox up 5-2 over the Marlins in the 6th. Rain coming down hard and steady. MLB: "Alright let's call it."

Wednesday, June 2nd, Marlins winning against the Jays in the 6th. Rain coming down hard and steady. MLB: "Nah keep going." 7th. "Nah keep going." 8th. "Nah keep going." 9th. "C'MON BLUE JAYS!"

What the hell?

Felt the same way. In Boston, they waited 3 hours to restart game with Braves instead of calling it.  But as soon as sox took the lead against the fish it was called.

7 hours ago, Ema2R said:

😔🙏🏻

Hope his father gets better soon. 💙

Glad he (Corey) is starting to turn it around at the plate, too. Maybe that means things are indeed getting better?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Erick said:

Also, maybe Anthony Bender should be our closer, he’s got A+ stuff.

Definitely get Bender into some higher leverage roles.

8 hours ago, Das Texan said:

I forget, is Duvall still the far superior player to Dickerson or nah?

Still yes. Ball in the lights of a AAA ballpark. Eh.

8 hours ago, Erick said:

Our pitching staff was far superior to Carlos Martinez tonight, so suck a bag of dicks.

8 hours ago, Das Texan said:

ok.

quite uncalled for personal attack, but ok.

Das, fam, you gotta be able to take it when people dish it back to you. Also, lightly glazed teriyaki sauce over your bag of dicks, really adds to the flavor. Thank me later.

Erick, to be fair, if we had a much larger lead, Yimi may have negated your comment. Rain notwithstanding, he was quite bad last night.

• Like 1

Admin
This post was recognized by Admin!

Das Texan was awarded the badge 'Asshole of the Day'

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Definitely get Bender into some higher leverage roles.

Still yes. Ball in the lights of a AAA ballpark. Eh.

Das, fam, you gotta be able to take it when people dish it back to you. Also, lightly glazed teriyaki sauce over your bag of dicks, really adds to the flavor. Thank me later.

Erick, to be fair, if we had a much larger lead, Yimi may have negated your comment. Rain notwithstanding, he was quite bad last night.

You go eat a fucking bag of dicks yourself, actually why dont you make it a bucket of dicks.

Also on the flavor since you so highly recommend I assume you know from personal experience having done it so often?

8 hours ago, Erick said:

It’s all of them in the bag.

In this case, there are 14 in the bag for every run the Dodgers scored against the Cardinals tonight.

I'd be incredibly worried if you had a clue where I live.

Your obsession is borderline scary. 

5 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

You go eat a fucking bag of dicks yourself, actually why dont you make it a bucket of dicks.

Also on the flavor since you so highly recommend I assume you know from personal experience having done it so often?

Hey man, it's 2021, what I eat or don't eat is none of your business unless I make it so! But also thanks for the bucket! 💙

Also sometimes you can put a little honey in there, too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SongInTheAir said:

The worst thing is that when Yimi's inevitable regression continues, we all know Don is going to go back to Bass in the ninth inning.

Yep...totally can't expect a rookie like Bender to come in and be a closer. That's just uncalled for....

9 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

The worst thing is that when Yimi's inevitable regression continues, we all know Don is going to go back to Bass in the ninth inning.

6 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Yep...totally can't expect a rookie like Bender to come in and be a closer. That's just uncalled for....

It'll be Floro first probably.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.