All-Star Ballot Now Available

Just now, rmc523 said:

Not really anyone to vote for on this team, as you can't vote for the pitchers.

And I refuse to be the fan that votes for all players on my team when it isn't deserved. I hate that shit and fans shouldn't get to vote since so many do it

11 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

And I refuse to be the fan that votes for all players on my team when it isn't deserved. I hate that shit and fans shouldn't get to vote since so many do it

Yeah that's just dumb.  Though many of the big teams often get undeserving players to start because of their larger fanbases.

35 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I agree but maybe fans of less popular teams should do this to help offset the fools who stuff the ballot for the popular teams.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I agree but maybe fans of less popular teams should do this to help offset the fools who stuff the ballot for the popular teams.

Yeah but that's the problem. Then everyone is doing the dumb shit. It results in the same way since Marlins fans aren't going to stuff the ballots at the level Cubs fans can. Just take it away from fans.

• Like 1

I think that Trevor Rogers will be selected as a pitcher.

If Jazz starts hitting again over the month of June, he might be in consideration as a possible replacement if any spots open up, much like Dontrelle in 2003. But Jazz would have to really start hitting well for that to happen. But I could definitely see him making it, even if for no other reason than MLB wanting to showcase more young and exciting players. If by the All Star break, Jazz is hitting around or above .300 with 10+ HR and 15-20 SBs, I could see him being in consideration for a last minute spot, but again, he'll really have to have a strong month of June for that to happen.

I would like to see Adam Duvall participate in the HR Derby.

The one player from the Marlins who could have made it but won't is Pablo Lopez. I know he's had a few rough starts, but he's also had a few outstanding starts as well.

Looking back over his starts this year, if the Marlins hitters had just been able to score 3-4 runs before the 7th inning, like most MLB teams are able to do, Pablo right now could seriously have 7 or 8 wins on the season with would tie him at 1st or 2nd place in the majors and have him as a strong contender to make the ASG.*

But thanks to the Marlins bats going quiet every time Pablo goes out there, he is sitting at 1-3 with 8 no decisions.

*Of course, that would be if the All Star game was played today. But chances are that if Pablo were to have 7-8 wins right now, he potentially would still be in the lead or near the top with 12+ wins by the All Star break.

Edited by SirFishFan

2 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

I think that Trevor Rogers will be selected as a pitcher.

If Jazz starts hitting again over the month of June, he might be in consideration as a possible replacement if any spots open up, much like Dontrelle in 2003. But Jazz would have to really start hitting well for that to happen. But I could definitely see him making it, even if for no other reason than MLB wanting to showcase more young and exciting players. If by the All Star break, Jazz is hitting around or above .300 with 10+ HR and 15-20 SBs, I could see him being in consideration for a last minute spot, but again, he'll really have to have a strong month of June for that to happen.

I would like to see Adam Duvall participate in the HR Derby.

The one player from the Marlins who could have made it but won't is Pablo Lopez. I know he's had a few rough starts, but he's also had a few outstanding starts as well.

Looking back over his starts this year, if the Marlins hitters had just been able to score 3-4 runs before the 7th inning, like most MLB teams are able to do, Pablo right now could seriously have 7 or 8 wins on the season with would tie him at 1st or 2nd place in the majors and have him as a strong contender to make the ASG.*

But thanks to the Marlins bats going quiet every time Pablo goes out there, he is sitting at 1-3 with 8 no decisions.

*Of course, that would be if the All Star game was played today. But chances are that if Pablo were to have 7-8 wins right now, he potentially would still be in the lead or near the top with 12+ wins by the All Star break.

The offense doesn't show up most games, not just when Pablo pitches lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

This dude actually wants Jazz to be the starter at 2B because the NL 2B field hasn't had any standouts and Jazz would be a fun and fresh face there...

https://www.mlb.com/news/all-star-ballot-picks-for-2021-mlb-all-star-game

I have a feeling that Ozzie Albies will get voted as the starter, even if his stats are worse than Jazz at that time. Just because he plays for the Braves.