6/3 Postgame Thread

Erick

Posted (edited)

Jazz is a diva who can’t play SS. I wonder if he’ll retweet more videos of himself tonight right after a loss. 

We used Bender for 2 pitches.

Our bullpen’s ERA is the most deceiving stat in baseball right now.

We have a positive run differential yet we’re 7 games under .500 (great bullpen)

I miss Miguel Rojas.

The lineup still sucks.

Go Cardinals.

Edited by Erick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I really hope our bullpen allows like 20 runs in one game one of these nights so we get to stop hearing about how great our bullpen is from the telecast.

Bullpen ERA is an irrelevant statistic. Good bullpens do well in leverage situations when the game is on the line.

We have a positive run differential and we’re 7 games under .500, this bullpen has been ass too. I couldn’t care less how many 0’s they throw up in games we’re clearly going to lose already. Their job is to protect leads.

Only thing worse than this bullpen is this offense.

Edited by Erick
  • Like 2

Our revamped bullpen was on display. You could argue that Don overworked them all season.

Bender wasted in the 6th for a 2 pitch, 1 out appearance... needed him in the 8th.  That is on Don.

This team is lifeless and lacks direction and focus.  Blase' Don.

FIRE DON MATTINGLY!!!!

seriously.  If you can't fire the players or won't bring up reinforcements, then something has to give... It's time to bring in fresh blood and send a message to these players that they need to play better ball.

• Like 1

Fyi. This team has 3 more wins than the Pirates.

It would be embarrassing if it weren't exactly what a handful of people here predicted back in January.

The company will accept that sweet sweet city connect uniform money though.

#305ontherise

6 minutes ago, Major-Minor said:

Fyi. This team has 3 more wins than the Pirates.

It would be embarrassing if it weren't exactly what a handful of people here predicted back in January.

The company will accept that sweet sweet city connect uniform money though.

#305ontherise

I think I predicted an around .500 or so, with hopes of better.  This is pathetic, though.

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think I predicted an around .500 or so, with hopes of better.  This is pathetic, though.

I thought this team could win the division like a week ago. I am dumb.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well, they're doing about as well as I figured they would this season. Starting pitching has been a bit better and offense has been about what I figured. Bullpen was a toss-up for me. With the mounting losses,sloppy play, and lack of any sort of interest we should have at LEAST heard about a closed doors meeting or players only meeting by now but...taking the lead from the FO....DEAD FUCKING SILENCE.

I am so now not on board with the "process" the FO regurgitates over and over. Getting more and more clear that it's about being fucking cheap af AGAIN. Even the hiring of Ing is getting to be suspect as she's gonna have a longer leash and despite her credentials makes an easy out for Jeter and Sherman to say she's learning on the job blah blah blah.

And man, if you're going to have a fan base that finally feels good and only needs a couple fairly CHEAP pieces to really shore up some holes and still IGNORE it just because you have some wet dream about all your prospects magically turning into the next Acuna or Trout then you have no goddamn business owning a MLB team. NONE. The fans of this franchise deserve a better class or owner - someone who is a fan first...FOR ONCE. Just an utter shame with how they treated this offseason and the utter silence through the actual season as I don't see any way the Marlins climb back in this any more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I see the great Adam Duvall is now under .200 for his Batting Average on the season, with a fantastic .644 OPS.

Good thing we have Corey Dickerson who will lead us to a World Series. We can’t trade him.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.