6/3 Postgame Thread

Erick

12 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Well, they're doing about as well as I figured they would this season. Starting pitching has been a bit better and offense has been about what I figured. Bullpen was a toss-up for me. With the mounting losses,sloppy play, and lack of any sort of interest we should have at LEAST heard about a closed doors meeting or players only meeting by now but...taking the lead from the FO....DEAD FUCKING SILENCE.

I am so now not on board with the "process" the FO regurgitates over and over. Getting more and more clear that it's about being fucking cheap af AGAIN. Even the hiring of Ing is getting to be suspect as she's gonna have a longer leash and despite her credentials makes an easy out for Jeter and Sherman to say she's learning on the job blah blah blah.

And man, if you're going to have a fan base that finally feels good and only needs a couple fairly CHEAP pieces to really shore up some holes and still IGNORE it just because you have some wet dream about all your prospects magically turning into the next Acuna or Trout then you have no goddamn business owning a MLB team. NONE. The fans of this franchise deserve a better class or owner - someone who is a fan first...FOR ONCE. Just an utter shame with how they treated this offseason and the utter silence through the actual season as I don't see any way the Marlins climb back in this any more.

I was thinking the other day that there should be a closed door meeting, but Don is so fucking "Ho Hum",  Again, no urgency to win.  Over a week ago, we were one game back of first.  Now it's a total shit the bed.  Don's gonna lose the clubhouse soon if this team doesn't turn it around.

Don winning MOTY was one of the worst things that could have happened.  The Marlins made playoffs and finished over .500 in spite of Don's bullshit.  Now if you fire him, it's bad PR for firing last year's MOTY... Then again, didn't we fire Girardi after he won  MOTY?  Fuck it, fire Don!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Don winning MOTY was one of the worst things that could have happened.  The Marlins made playoffs and finished over .500 in spite of Don's bullshit.  Now if you fire him, it's bad PR for firing last year's MOTY... Then again, didn't we fire Girardi after he won  MOTY?  Fuck it, fire Don!!!!

Actually I think it wouldn't be bad PR to anyone paying attention. Don earned that MOTY but he's also been the exact opposite of that this year. You could fire him now and it would be understandable. 

1 hour ago, Erick said:

Jazz is a diva who can’t play SS. I wonder if he’ll retweet more videos of himself tonight right after a loss. 

We used Bender for 2 pitches.

Our bullpen’s ERA is the most deceiving stat in baseball right now.

We have a positive run differential yet we’re 7 games under .500 (great bullpen)

I miss Miguel Rojas.

The lineup still sucks.

Go Cardinals.

Jazz is a diva.  He’s trying to market himself like Acuna jr.   At least Acuna backs it up.  Find it interesting that Jazz added a Jr. to his name to match Acuna and Guerrero Jr.  

I like Jazz but someone needs to pull him aside and tell him to knock off the diva shit and play the game the right way.  He still has some things to improve.  He is nowhere near the other juniors of Acuna, Tatis and Vlad.  We need a change of philosophy in the dugout, another Trader Jack type who gets what he can out of his players and tells them off when they need to hear it.

3 hours ago, Erick said:

I thought this team could win the division like a week ago. I am dumb.

If they'd start playing like they can play, they could with how the division has been this year.  But whatever they've been doing won't work.

2 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I was thinking the other day that there should be a closed door meeting, but Don is so fucking "Ho Hum",  Again, no urgency to win.  Over a week ago, we were one game back of first.  Now it's a total shit the bed.  Don's gonna lose the clubhouse soon if this team doesn't turn it around.

Who's to say he hasn't lost it already?

2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Kim Ng is probably just wanting more and more negatives to build up and make Don the scapegoat to fire his ass and get that ball rolling sooner. 

tbh. 

I don't think we need any more negatives at this point, IMO.

Who should they replace Don with?

I remember when Loria fired Redman years ago (which I didn't agree with), they did the bizarro Jennings move - as long as it's nothing like that, bring someone in.  Who's available?

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

It's really not unexpected, this team just not do their best to improve the roster in the last off-season but who to blame ? Sherman ? Jeter ? Ng ? Don ? the players ?

Or the fans ? I blame myself first for never buy the tickets …

3 hours ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

at least he is not a Hanley Ramirez type diva. Lol

He has all the talent to be great and he will be.  However, mlb is pushing the sport to be culturally demographic through social media and Jazz is their guy.  It’s an agenda to diversify the sport and usher in a political viewpoint.  

Baseball was my last hope in sports to remain pure in the way it should be played and perceived, but now IMO, it’s moving towards the NBA & NFL where players have all the power by running to social media.  

Until the front office cares, I see no reason any of us should. It’s total bullshit. 

Some people blame Sherman, some blame Ng, some blame Jeter, some blame Don.  I blame all of them for different things. 

The front office ignored the team’s needs in the off-season and then they’ve ignored the team’s needs in-season. Inexcusable and if it is all related to money, we are fucked again as fans. 

Don is a terrible manager.  He makes some of the dumbest decisions possible with the lineup and with his bullpen management. If he had a good front office, he may get away with more mistakes but he doesn’t have that. 

I’ll keep watching but I’m not sure those in charge are watching. If they are, they just don’t give a shit I guess. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Who should they replace Don with?

I remember when Loria fired Redman years ago (which I didn't agree with), they did the bizarro Jennings move - as long as it's nothing like that, bring someone in.  Who's available?

Rowson is pretty much the only correct choice. He's considered a manager in waiting by everyone, they kinda have to go with him. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Until the front office cares, I see no reason any of us should. It’s total bullshit. 

Some people blame Sherman, some blame Ng, some blame Jeter, some blame Don.  I blame all of them for different things. 

The front office ignored the team’s needs in the off-season and then they’ve ignored the team’s needs in-season. Inexcusable and if it is all related to money, we are fucked again as fans. 

Don is a terrible manager.  He makes some of the dumbest decisions possible with the lineup and with his bullpen management. If he had a good front office, he may get away with more mistakes but he doesn’t have that. 

I’ll keep watching but I’m not sure those in charge are watching. If they are, they just don’t give a shit I guess. 

I agree with this but the thing that gets me is... there's no way they really don't care right? There has to be an explanation to their lack of action right? 

I'm so curious to what they would say to a close friend or family member as to why they haven't done more.

I can't believe these people really bought this team to purposely do nothing, it makes no sense. 

I'm just trying to wrap my head around their extreme lack of urgency.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hovertical said:

Well, they're doing about as well as I figured they would this season. Starting pitching has been a bit better and offense has been about what I figured. Bullpen was a toss-up for me. With the mounting losses,sloppy play, and lack of any sort of interest we should have at LEAST heard about a closed doors meeting or players only meeting by now but...taking the lead from the FO....DEAD FUCKING SILENCE.

I am so now not on board with the "process" the FO regurgitates over and over. Getting more and more clear that it's about being fucking cheap af AGAIN. Even the hiring of Ing is getting to be suspect as she's gonna have a longer leash and despite her credentials makes an easy out for Jeter and Sherman to say she's learning on the job blah blah blah.

And man, if you're going to have a fan base that finally feels good and only needs a couple fairly CHEAP pieces to really shore up some holes and still IGNORE it just because you have some wet dream about all your prospects magically turning into the next Acuna or Trout then you have no goddamn business owning a MLB team. NONE. The fans of this franchise deserve a better class or owner - someone who is a fan first...FOR ONCE. Just an utter shame with how they treated this offseason and the utter silence through the actual season as I don't see any way the Marlins climb back in this any more.

I'm starting to lose respect for Jeter. Where is he? Nowhere to be found.. Expected at least a fake "we need to win now!" statement or something.. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I like Jazz but someone needs to pull him aside and tell him to knock off the diva shit and play the game the right way.  He still has some things to improve.  He is nowhere near the other juniors of Acuna, Tatis and Vlad.  We need a change of philosophy in the dugout, another Trader Jack type who gets what he can out of his players and tells them off when they need to hear it.

What's he been doing that's diva-ish? I honestly don't know.. Is it the fielding errors? Cuz that's what I've been seeing. Trying to get all flashy. Just make the play... I'm not saying I'd do better but for someone who has been touted as a great fielder he's not making the plays. Why can't he be more solid like Rojas? Is Rojas really that much of a better fielder? 

Seems like everyone this new FO has traded for are turning into duds (not to say Jazz will be) or have some big issue here or there. Right now I'm only looking forward to Bleday and Meyer. 

11 hours ago, Michael said:

I think I'm going to go to bed. If we lose this game, someone please ban @SonOfJack. Thanks. Goodnight everyone. ❤️ 

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

(A post that shouldn't have been possible.)

Why did nobody honor my requirement? 😡

• Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.