The Fire Don Mattingly Thread

36 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Let LB platoon with Corey. He just need to get ABs because it looks like he’s improving. AAA isn’t going to help him.

Corey and Duvall should be platooning at this point. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

Sanchez, dude.

He’s batting .150 and still looks like he doesn’t get it. Best case scenario is yea but I’m not going to count something that haven’t even proven he can hit .200. At least LB proved he could hit .200.

2 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

He’s batting .150 and still looks like he doesn’t get it. Best case scenario is yea but I’m not going to count something that haven’t even proven he can hit .200. At least LB proved he could hit .200.

Brinson has proven for four years he shouldn't be in the big leagues, and I defended him a ton last year.

Sanchez crushed it in AAA and now has to prove he can do it here. You're writing him off after 40 ABs. FOURTY. Brinson has FOUR YEARS of below replacement level production.

I'm sorry, it's just not happening with him.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

If they would actually walk away from that, I'm disgusted.

I am hoping it isn't true but they haven't given us reasons to think otherwise really.

If it is true explains a lot why they didn't bother with JT too

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

This better not be true, because it's downright pathetic if it is.

We'll likely never know unless Marte comes out and tells us what went down behind the the scenes if they don't retain his services. But it 'feels' like it could be true based on the JT thing.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.