The Fire Don Mattingly Thread

5 minutes ago, hovertical said:

The offense is exactly how I said it would play before the season started. Tons of very low scoring games punctuated with the occasional huge outburst when everyone isn't whiffing 3x a game. If some moron like me could see how poorly the roster was built I'd hope the guys and gal paid huge money in the FO could tell too. Guess not?

I choose to believe they do, but don't expect to really compete until '22 or '23 - meaning no sense in spending big money in '21.  Time will tell.

9 hours ago, Michael said:

No, this is warranted.

If Anthony Bender was good enough to get two threads, Mattingly is equally bad enough to get two "fire him" threads.

no.

also, not sure how i fucked up the merging but there is some Marte extension discussion mixed in.

fucking making me actually moderate here.  

asses.  

This is weak. How is there no thread about acuña's bullshit. The Marlins should trot out a reliever and plunk him at the start of every game. Lost season anyway, and fuck that guy

2 hours ago, cyoung said:

I choose to believe they do, but don't expect to really compete until '22 or '23 - meaning no sense in spending big money in '21.  Time will tell.

but they would have competed had they spent this year - waiting two seasons means that pitching will only be that much more $$$. It's like they feel everything has to be just perfectly aligned in order for them to even consider spending $.  whatever, it's all been said - they appear very cheap.

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

that will be some utter bullshit if Pablo and/or Don gets a single fine/suspension, etc.  - last night was bad enough but christ, can you imagine how entitled Acuna will feel now if Pablo gets suspended too? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

that will be some utter bullshit if Pablo and/or Don gets a single fine/suspension, etc.  - last night was bad enough but christ, can you imagine how entitled Acuna will feel now if Pablo gets suspended too? 

Umpires filed it as "intentional HBP" in their post game report. MLB usually relies on the umpire input so fines and/or suspensions would not surprise me at all. It would be total BS, but I am expecting it.

12 minutes ago, hovertical said:

10 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Umpires filed it as "intentional HBP" in their post game report. MLB usually relies on the umpire input so fines and/or suspensions would not surprise me at all. It would be total BS, but I am expecting it.

If Pablo and Don are suspended, fuck it, do it again. Lost season anyways.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Entendu said:

This is weak. How is there no thread about acuña's bullshit. The Marlins should trot out a reliever and plunk him at the start of every game. Lost season anyway, and fuck that guy

Knock Yourself Out You Can Do It GIF

1 minute ago, el_gmac said:

he can do that ?

Yeah, he’s a moderator.

Guy is mad because I didn’t post about the Cardinals on marlinsbaseball.com. He’s obsessed with me.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, FishFry said:

Kinda weird how that is true for Don as well.  Starts from the top.   

Hard for players to go out and win games when your dopey manager isn’t putting you in the best chance to win. 

With the shortened 2020 season, Don managed to win each game.  This year we have seen it all.  Gooofy lineups, bad rest days, backwards bullpen order.  

Its really no surprise. 

I really think there being a DH/less to decide on for Don was a huge factor the more we see the team struggle this year.

5 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Absurd if anything is handed out.  The idea the Pablo legitimately wants to hit Acuna with a pitch one pitch in is laughable.....if they wanted to do that, they'd do a "faux" starter and have Pablo ready to go.

Normally, when a reliever throws 32 pitches, he doesn't go back out there the next day. When Don Mattingly is your manager, however, that same reliever throws 30 pitches the next day. Because fuck Dylan Floro's arm, that's why. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.