The Fire Don Mattingly Thread

22 hours ago, Erick said:

You attacked my thread and merged it. I’m owed an apology.

22 hours ago, Erick said:

Yeah, he’s a moderator.

Guy is mad because I didn’t post about the Cardinals on marlinsbaseball.com. He’s obsessed with me.

22 hours ago, el_gmac said:

fixed it

Grow up you immature children. 

17 hours ago, Erick said:

Normally, when a reliever throws 32 pitches, he doesn't go back out there the next day. When Don Mattingly is your manager, however, that same reliever throws 30 pitches the next day. Because fuck Dylan Floro's arm, that's why. 

That's straight out of the Joe Torre managing playbook. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Michael said:

If JOE FRISARO is slamming the team, you know it's bad. 

Well, for one he doesn't work for MLB anymore so he doesn't have to peddle the team's line.  But yeah, 100% agree with what he's saying.

Someone said it in the game thread, but I can't believe how apathetic I've become about this team in just a few months.  And how untrusting of this group I've become as well......I was on board with the rebuild, wait and see etc.....but the inexplicable.....well...everything this year is amazing....they don't seem to care at all because last year was ahead of their timeline, and it seems to be a just "stick with the original plan" mentality.   Not saying trade the farm/future and push all the chips in now is what I/we wanted, but zero sense of "hey we did well last year, maybe we can accelerate this competitive plan."

Just sad really that they don't seem to care.  Lack of offensive help in the offseason, lack of a vet starter to eat innings with inevitable injuries.....lack of getting a vet starter when 2/3 of the rotation is down....Team flails in the wind without reinforcements and a short bench for months on end.....Don waves the white flag on games.....and raises it higher by leaving guys out there to fail........just completely inexplicable.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

I feel like if we replaced Don Mattingly with somebody from the message board, the team would be like 6 games better at this point.

This team should at least be playing .500 baseball with their run differential.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Erick said:

I feel like if we replaced Don Mattingly with somebody from the message board, the team would be like 6 games better at this point.

This team should at least be playing .500 baseball with their run differential.

Me, you, @SongInTheAir, even @SonOfJack would have this team in line for the playoffs.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Michael said:

This is the exact take/feeling I've had for months. There's been zero urgency since we were in it in May and now it's almost two months later and we're a dozen below 500 and they wanna ridiculously say that they're still trying. There's no urgency when they need it and then when asked they say there is urgency yet they don't show it. Absolute horseshit. I'm so pissed with this organization right now. 

10 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I can't believe how apathetic I've become about this team in just a few months

I hope the front office notices how apathetic fans are getting with this year's bullshit. And its not unrealistic asks, we just want some more urgency, more of a serious effort to actually win every game instead of the ho hum "oh well I guess we tried but we lost."

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I hope the front office notices how apathetic fans are getting with this year's bullshit. And its not unrealistic asks, we just want some more urgency, more of a serious effort to actually win every game instead of the ho hum "oh well I guess we tried but we lost."

Ng continue to showing she's the person knows the baseball most in the world, Jeter continue to say he's the most impatient people in the world and wants to win every game, Marlins continue to lose games. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.