Ng answering questions

taiwanmarlin

13 hours ago, Michael said:

If you go on the Twitters, it's all hindsight GMs. "We could have had --" yeah, maybe, but no.

As of now maybe Andrew Romine but they knew that had no depth there and did nothing. I’ve pointed is out already but Charlie Culberson, Eire Adrianza, Jed lowrie, Brock Holt, etc all signed minor league deals. All would’ve played real time during the injury spell. 

2 hours ago, FishFry said:

With Marte, you have to keep your options open I think. If we signed him and then traded him it would only cause more confusing.  If he isn’t traded, they need to work something out. 

Im not suggesting they trade him.  Just giving insight to what the parallels could be. 

They’re going to trade him. Probably are going to look at the Astros or Yanks if they can’t get Gallo. Either or Marte is being moved.

13 hours ago, Erick said:

“We need some more time to evaluate Starling.”

-Kim Ng

lol did she actually say that? 

I don't know how much it would take, but they need him.  I don't see a CF in the upper minors who can hit like that.  Bleday/Payton/Sanchez are corner guys.  Maybe there is just concern with a big multi-year deal going toward a guy who you're hoping can man CF and stay healthy in his 33-36 years.  If he slows down and has to play corner then I think the need lessens somewhat.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FishFry said:

If that’s the case, Pablo Lopez will be on the market.  Sandy will stay but they won’t extend him.   

I’ve seen people mention that we would trade Pablo. What’s the reasoning for this? It seems hard enough for us to throw 5 decent starters on the mound why would you give up in your solid second.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

I’ve seen people mention that we would trade Pablo. What’s the reasoning for this? It seems hard enough for us to throw 5 decent starters on the mound why would you give up in your solid second.

I haven't seen people say they want it done, I think it's more that if Ng does decide to move some of our better pieces Pablo is the likeliest to go.

49 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I haven't seen people say they want it done, I think it's more that if Ng does decide to move some of our better pieces Pablo is the likeliest to go.

And if he nets us at least two good bats, especially infield, I say go for it. Pablo could command a pretty big return since he still has a couple years of club control left.

2 hours ago, Hotcorner said:

lol did she actually say that? 

I don't know how much it would take, but they need him.  I don't see a CF in the upper minors who can hit like that.  Bleday/Payton/Sanchez are corner guys.  Maybe there is just concern with a big multi-year deal going toward a guy who you're hoping can man CF and stay healthy in his 33-36 years.  If he slows down and has to play corner then I think the need lessens somewhat.  

She didn't actually say that, but based on her comments about every player in the system, she's probably thinking it lol. 

5 minutes ago, Michael said:

And if he nets us at least two good bats, especially infield, I say go for it. Pablo could command a pretty big return since he still has a couple years of club control left.

I disagree with this, I wouldn't trade any more of our SP's.

If they want to hit better, they have money to spend. Controllable SP is very valuable. It's actually the toughest thing to get, all we have to do is help them. At some point, the media down here needs to start treating Bruce Sherman like they treated Jeffrey Loria. He better spend money this upcoming offseason, this team is ready to win with some better hitting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AeroFishOne said:

( Sellers) If they trade Aggy being under club control then Pablo isn’t out of the question. 

(Depth) I know it might sound crazy but we have the depth with Cabrera, Max, Sixto, Elieser, Rogers & Sandy.  

(Sell high)  Pablo’s market value has never been higher and he’s at his ceiling tbh.  His rise has been based more on  maturity other than having great stuff.  He does more with less because he learned how to pitch. 

I prefer keeping Pablo, but if we aren’t going buy or retain and become sellers, I think Pablo should go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FishFry said:

( Sellers) If they trade Aggy being under club control then Pablo isn’t out of the question. 

(Depth) I know it might sound crazy but we have the depth with Cabrera, Max, Sixto, Elieser, Rogers & Sandy.  

(Sell high)  Pablo’s market value has never been higher and he’s at his ceiling tbh.  His rise has been based more on  maturity other than having great stuff.  He does more with less because he learned how to pitch. 

I prefer keeping Pablo, but if we aren’t going buy or retain and become sellers, I think Pablo should go.

I’d counter that we really aren’t that deep at pitching right now atleast in proven talent. Out of that list on Sandy is proven and I’d add Pablo to the list. Rogers I’d like to see for the rest of the year but looking likely. Elieser can’t stay healthy, Sixto is having health problems and he started coming down to earth the last few starts last season, Max and Cabrera are wait to see.

All the prospects we got for Stanton and Yelich should show that nothing is guaranteed until they are actually up. 

I’m not sure what they will do considering this whole season is one big clusterfuck but at this point getting rid of known cost controlled players that you know are good is dumb considering how many question marks are in this lineup and organization.

I just saw your comparison to Anibal and that’s exactly what I was thinking and honestly that’s what this team needs and could use more of right now

• Like 2

Miggy and Marte all wants to end their career as a Marlins, I believe it's something wouldn't happen under Loria regime. These two greatest players must be like the direction of this regime and wants to be part of it, I believe the team knows it and also knows they are all fan favored and would contribute to the team very long time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AeroFishOne said:

I’d counter that we really aren’t that deep at pitching right now atleast in proven talent. Out of that list on Sandy is proven and I’d add Pablo to the list. Rogers I’d like to see for the rest of the year but looking likely. Elieser can’t stay healthy, Sixto is having health problems and he started coming down to earth the last few starts last season, Max and Cabrera are wait to see.

All the prospects we got for Stanton and Yelich should show that nothing is guaranteed until they are actually up. 

I’m not sure what they will do considering this whole season is one big clusterfuck but at this point getting rid of known cost controlled players that you know are good is dumb considering how many question marks are in this lineup and organization.

I just saw your comparison to Anibal and that’s exactly what I was thinking and honestly that’s what this team needs and could use more of right now

Yep and let’s hope it doesn’t come down to that (trading Pablo)