Official “blow it up” thread

39 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

There’s no need for a rant. I don’t want to blow this up but I also know when the woman that’s in charge says “keep losing and everybody is coming up” then it means they have to create the room which obviously means at minimum Marte, Dickerson, and Duvall are gone...unfortunately.

I don’t even think we’re any different than where we were back in ‘16. The only difference is that the ‘16 team could hit and the ‘21 team can pitch. We have done nothing to bolster our depth in the INF and it’s forcing us to play a 21 y/o kid that, while talented, should be in AA preparing for a September call up instead of making a massive jump to MLB pitching like he’s experienced and a bunch of LF/RF prospects. We don’t even have a prospect that grades as a CF on a big league ball club. Sure LB did but anybody that followed him throughout the minors knew he had an inconsistent bat that struggled with breaking balls. Other than role reversal  the difference is that we have legit control of the ‘21 club.

We don’t really have 3 OF prospects ready to come up to the big leagues to assume that Dickerson, Marte, and Duvall are gone — even though I don’t care if Duvall gets traded, and really don’t care about Dickerson getting traded. 

I don’t think we’ll have a team full of prospects on the field in August if the team is out of it by July 31st. Usually some veterans end up staying. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

They should move Aguilar for sure if they can get a piece they can use in the future.

The same mindset should apply for Dickerson and Duvall.

They need to sit down with Marte and Rojas during the break and look at the parameters of a potential deal.

Even if you dont get it done, you know what you are looking at and if there is any chance you can agree on a deal.

Even though Marte wants to stay in Miami, money talks in the end.  He isnt taking a team friendly deal. 

Might not take a team friendly deal per se, but no state income tax definitely has to help 

I’ve said since day 1, this rebuild will be judged on two key factors: 

- The ability to build layers of controllable pitching depth within the org

- Choosing what prospects/veterans to hold on to and which to deal when building the core position players 

The Gallen for Jazz deal was risky, but so far it’s looking like a solid deal for Miami. Loved the trade for Marte, now it’s time to extend him. We have zero CF prospects who are remotely close to giving us similar production at that position. Marte is a perfect #2 hitter for our offense. 

Don’t want to spend on a Seager/Correa level? Fine. I’m even ok if they balk on a 4/100 type deal for Marte. But whatever you do (re-sign or trade), you better hope it works. Because this is your last shot to make a significant impact in complementing your surplus of SP assets before things get real 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

FYI...  Jesus Sanchez last 10 games in Jax.

.205/.295/.308 with 1 HR

Shouldn't bring him up at this point.  At least not until he gets hot again.  

I’m still high on Jesus, but if you watch his games you can tell he’s just not fully ready yet. For whatever reason, he still doesn’t make a ton of solid contact relative to what he should. 

Too many choppers or bloopers on hanging breaking balls. Sure they might get down for knocks in AAA, but at the big league level you have to do damage with those mistakes. Actually think the FO is being smart with him letting him develop and not overreacting to one of our hitting prospects finally having a hot streak. 

2 hours ago, Erick said:

We don’t really have 3 OF prospects ready to come up to the big leagues to assume that Dickerson, Marte, and Duvall are gone — even though I don’t care if Duvall gets traded, and really don’t care about Dickerson getting traded. 

I don’t think we’ll have a team full of prospects on the field in August if the team is out of it by July 31st. Usually some veterans end up staying. 

I believe Ng won't stupid enough to create a "all rookie " lineup …

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Just depends if he prefers years over money I guess.  It's all hypothetical and conjecture at this point anyway. 

Miss noted fish likely keep him and make a qualifying offer. What are those, like $20m? No way he takes that if he keeps up his current production 

9 hours ago, Erick said:

And I would agree. The only guy that probably can make a jump right now is JJ other than Jesus but that’s because he rakes and his questions are defensively. Burtick would obviously be the other OF because Misner is below Mendoza and Jerar is at 250 in AA.