Official “blow it up” thread

ZfromCIS

NG said this week that if we keep sliding then it’s going to be time to figure out who can hit up here and who can’t in August. Yea, Time to embrace it guys. We got the braves next and the cards/Cubs following. We’re looking at the possibility of being 3-10 or worse in the next 3 series. It’ll be unpopular but we should move on from Marte, Aggy, Dickerson, and Duvall. For the record, I am not a fan of this but this is probably reality. 

Marte: Astros/Yanks/Cleveland

These are probably the most reasonable destinations for him. You could build a package around Corey Lee or Nolan Jones if you go with the Indians or Stros. Yankees aren’t the deepest but they have a lot of pitching and you could probably ask for that and Estevan Florial who would give a plug and play 5 tool CF with control. Just got to drop his strike out rate. All in all all these teams want to contend but have a hole in CF plus the cap to keep him. Sell high, you’ll get it for Marte.

Aggy:  Seattle/Angels/Tampa

I would hate this but you have to sell high and that the only way I would trade Aggy. All 3 have decent systems where I could work a favorable trade. Really interested in Tampa prospect Greg Jones in particular. Switch hitter SS with a similar build to Jazz but Greg is taller and a better defender. He’ll be able to keep Jazz at 2nd or 3rd(Devers is a big league talent for sure). Seattle needs a a consistent bat and a trade with Seattle needs to include Jake Scheiner for me then they can add whoever they want. Don’t know they grade a 3rd baseman who’s hit over 15 out with at least a .270 avg the last 2 years and a decent defensive grade as their 29th best prospect. I wish that my 29th best prospect. 

Duvall: A’s/Cubs/Yanks

Don’t exactly how high you can sell because his power and big arm are obviously still there but his average has taken a dip. Probably has to do with us thinking a career platooner can be an every day guy. His power makes him an asset though especially with a team who’s willing to platoon him. I would ask for relief prospects here. We just talked yesterday that we need to start developing our own late inning pitching talent but other than Jorge Guzman no one comes to mind in our system other than Kyle Nicholas.

Corey Dickerson: Yanks/Braves/Brewers

He’s got a very good average but the power hasn’t really been there but whoever wants him would eat 8 mil. Don’t know exactly if there’s a market for him but I also don’t know what happens to him if they start calling people up. I’m not going to put up a suggestion here because I don’t know what they can get for him but I do know they would probably look to dump him.

13 minutes ago, Erick said:

I can’t wait to trade Starling Marte to the Yankees for Estevan Florial.

#PayMarte

I mean we would definitely get more than Florial. I was just making a point about him being a guy who can come right in and play CF.

11 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

I mean we would definitely get more than Florial. I was just making a point about him being a guy who can come right in and play CF.

All of the hitting prospects you mentioned are the same kind of hitting prospects we’ve been acquiring and mostly failing with.

What they should do is ask Starling Marte how much he wants for the next 3 years.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Erick said:

All of the hitting prospects you mentioned are the same kind of hitting prospects we’ve been acquiring and mostly failing with.

What they should do is ask Starling Marte how much he wants for the next 3 years.

Pardon? Korey Lee, Nolan Jones, Jake Scheiner, and Greg Jones are known for their hitting and are considered plus bats and are from organizations known for developing hitting. Florial had a strike out problem early in his career and the Yankee organization believe that’s it’s become a thing of the past with his performance at their alternate site. 

You can just admit that you want to live in a fantasy land where they resign Marte and that you know nothing about the prospects mentioned.

25 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Pardon? Korey Lee, Nolan Jones, Jake Scheiner, and Greg Jones are known for their hitting and are considered plus bats and are from organizations known for developing hitting. Florial had a strike out problem early in his career and the Yankee organization believe that’s it’s become a thing of the past with his performance at their alternate site. 

You can just admit that you want to live in a fantasy land where they resign Marte and that you know nothing about the prospects mentioned.

-Korey Lee is the most interesting guy because he's a catcher which I would really like, but he's also in A ball at the moment. 

-Nolan Jones currently has a 36.6% K rate in AAA.

-Jake Scheiner is a 25-year-old in AA with a 34.1% K rate. 

-Greg Jones is a 23-year-old in A ball with a 29.1% K rate. 

And then there's Florial who, as you already mentioned, is another toolsy prospect with a lot of swing-and-miss in his game. 

We have these kind of players in the system already. 

If paying one player = "fantasy land," the discussion is irrelevant anyway. Is the organization ever going to spend money?

Next season, the Marlins project to have, arguably, the best rotation in all of baseball. It's quite possible. Sandy Alcantara, Pablo Lopez, and Trevor Rogers have proven themselves. Then you can pick 2 from Elieser/Poteet/Sixto/Cabrera/Meyer/Eder. The majority of teams wish they had that type of pitching depth heading into next season. A real organization supports that controllable pitching staff by signing players like Starling Marte. 

This team is currently committed to not one single player long-term on the payroll. They can't commit to one player who has had a consistent career, currently putting up elite numbers, and apparently wants to be here? 

Edited by Erick
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Erick said:

-Korey Lee is the most interesting guy because he's a catcher which I would really like, but he's also in A ball at the moment. 

And then there's Florial who, as you already mentioned, is another toolsy prospect with a lot of swing-and-miss in his game. 

If paying one player = "fantasy land," the discussion is irrelevant anyway. Is the organization ever going to spend money?

Next season, the Marlins project to have, arguably, the best rotation in all of baseball. It's quite possible. Sandy Alcantara, Pablo Lopez, and Trevor Rogers have proven themselves. Then you can pick 2 from Elieser/Poteet/Sixto/Cabrera/Meyer/Eder. The majority of teams wish they had that type of pitching depth heading into next season. A real organization supports that controllable pitching staff by signing players like Starling Marte. 

This team is currently committed to not one single player long-term on the payroll. They can't commit to one player who has had a consistent career, currently putting up elite numbers, and apparently wants to be here? 

They have a new stadium, tv deal, and naming rights - great controllable pitching staff - no more excuses not to spend a little bit to bring in some missing pieces next season. Literally, no more excuses if they actually are trying to win and not just print money.

• Like 5
  • Banana 1

24 minutes ago, Erick said:

My man, if I had my way( which @taiwanmarlin can vouch for back in the offseason) James McCann, Josh Harrison, Joc Pederson, Kintzler, and Boxberger would be here. That haul right is about 20 mil all together give or take. I’m not going off of what I want. I’m going off of what I’m seeing and hearing. That quote came from Kim Ng herself. Not me. If we’re losing then they’re bringing everybody up and it literally came from the woman in charge of managing this roster and it’s development. What do you think that entails? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

My man, if I had my way( which @taiwanmarlin can vouch for back in the offseason) James McCann, Josh Harrison, Joc Pederson, Kintzler, and Boxberger would be here. That haul right is about 20 mil all together give or take. I’m not going off of what I want. I’m going off of what I’m seeing and hearing. That quote came from Kim Ng herself. Not me. If we’re losing then they’re bringing everybody up and it literally came from the woman in charge of managing this roster and it’s development. What do you think that entails? 

It means that Kim Ng needs to change her mind and come up with something different next time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Erick said:

Starling taking our best young position player under his wing. ❤️ 

7902BA2E-1A03-466E-BE33-C116152EE5B6.jpeg

I don’t think he’s ever going to be able to play SS defensively but I would love to see Jazz at 3rd. Put BA out in RF, allows Dickerson and Duvall to platoon, and it leaves Devers up as well. Devers is another one that I’m throughly impressed with. For a young guy that hasn’t been above single A, he’s got a really good approach. He needs to see more pitching. I really feel that Devers could make the jump to lead off next year if he keeps saying MLB pitching. Plus it moves Berti far away from starting.

52 minutes ago, hovertical said:

They have a new stadium, tv deal, and naming rights - great controllable pitching staff - no more excuses not to spend a little bit to bring in some missing pieces next season. Literally, no more excuses if they actually are trying to win and not just print money.

Yeah, if they don't spend some money - whether that be re-signing Marte, extending guys, signing guys, all of the above, I may re-evaluate my support for the team.......As a "true" fan, I'll always root for them and want them to win, but it'd be hard to support them day to day as much if they're not willing to spend to make it happen.

We put up with the Loria years and the rebuild.  They got a slight pass with the pandemic this year.  But Put your money where your mouth is.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

I don’t think he’s ever going to be able to play SS defensively but I would love to see Jazz at 3rd. Put BA out in RF, allows Dickerson and Duvall to platoon, and it leaves Devers up as well. Devers is another one that I’m throughly impressed with. For a young guy that hasn’t been above single A, he’s got a really good approach. He needs to see more pitching. I really feel that Devers could make the jump to lead off next year if he keeps saying MLB pitching. Plus it moves Berti far away from starting.

We could also have Jazz play 2B, BA at 3B, and Jesus Sanchez in RF. Idk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Erick said:

We could also have Jazz play 2B, BA at 3B, and Jesus Sanchez in RF. Idk.

Honestly, I would move on from Dickerson, play Coop in LF, let Sanchez switch back and forth from LF/RF to get ABs and use Devers as a utility guy in the INF. Problem is that I don’t think they want to eat any money which blocks Jesus anyways.

17 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, if they don't spend some money - whether that be re-signing Marte, extending guys, signing guys, all of the above, I may re-evaluate my support for the team.......As a "true" fan, I'll always root for them and want them to win, but it'd be hard to support them day to day as much if they're not willing to spend to make it happen.

We put up with the Loria years and the rebuild.  They got a slight pass with the pandemic this year.  But Put your money where your mouth is.

It’s not like this team is in a similar position of the other fire sale teams either.  The 97’ team had a star studded roster and the revenue didn’t meet its (personal) demand.  The 2003 team had a mixture of both youth and vets so it could have been manipulated to sell.  

But this team has no reason to sell, most of our players are under control and we have some guys in there prime ready to win.  A fire sale this soon should be investigated.  

A couple of big signings would put this team in contention.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ZfromCIS said:

NG said this week that if we keep sliding then it’s going to be time to figure out who can hit up here and who can’t in August. Yea, Time to embrace it guys. We got the braves next and the cards/Cubs following. We’re looking at the possibility of being 3-10 or worse in the next 3 series. It’ll be unpopular but we should move on from Marte, Aggy, Dickerson, and Duvall. For the record, I am not a fan of this but this is probably reality. 

Marte: Astros/Yanks/Cleveland

These are probably the most reasonable destinations for him. You could build a package around Corey Lee or Nolan Jones if you go with the Indians or Stros. Yankees aren’t the deepest but they have a lot of pitching and you could probably ask for that and Estevan Florial who would give a plug and play 5 tool CF with control. Just got to drop his strike out rate. All in all all these teams want to contend but have a hole in CF plus the cap to keep him. Sell high, you’ll get it for Marte.

Aggy:  Seattle/Angels/Tampa

I would hate this but you have to sell high and that the only way I would trade Aggy. All 3 have decent systems where I could work a favorable trade. Really interested in Tampa prospect Greg Jones in particular. Switch hitter SS with a similar build to Jazz but Greg is taller and a better defender. He’ll be able to keep Jazz at 2nd or 3rd(Devers is a big league talent for sure). Seattle needs a a consistent bat and a trade with Seattle needs to include Jake Scheiner for me then they can add whoever they want. Don’t know they grade a 3rd baseman who’s hit over 15 out with at least a .270 avg the last 2 years and a decent defensive grade as their 29th best prospect. I wish that my 29th best prospect. 

Duvall: A’s/Cubs/Yanks

Don’t exactly how high you can sell because his power and big arm are obviously still there but his average has taken a dip. Probably has to do with us thinking a career platooner can be an every day guy. His power makes him an asset though especially with a team who’s willing to platoon him. I would ask for relief prospects here. We just talked yesterday that we need to start developing our own late inning pitching talent but other than Jorge Guzman no one comes to mind in our system other than Kyle Nicholas.

Corey Dickerson: Yanks/Braves/Brewers

He’s got a very good average but the power hasn’t really been there but whoever wants him would eat 8 mil. Don’t know exactly if there’s a market for him but I also don’t know what happens to him if they start calling people up. I’m not going to put up a suggestion here because I don’t know what they can get for him but I do know they would probably look to dump him.

From the thread title, I came in expecting a ranty mcranterson. Was pleasantly surprised. I’m enjoying this thread.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mystikol87 said:

From the thread title, I came in expecting a ranty mcranterson. Was pleasantly surprised. I’m enjoying this thread.

There’s no need for a rant. I don’t want to blow this up but I also know when the woman that’s in charge says “keep losing and everybody is coming up” then it means they have to create the room which obviously means at minimum Marte, Dickerson, and Duvall are gone...unfortunately.

I don’t even think we’re any different than where we were back in ‘16. The only difference is that the ‘16 team could hit and the ‘21 team can pitch. We have done nothing to bolster our depth in the INF and it’s forcing us to play a 21 y/o kid that, while talented, should be in AA preparing for a September call up instead of making a massive jump to MLB pitching like he’s experienced and a bunch of LF/RF prospects. We don’t even have a prospect that grades as a CF on a big league ball club. Sure LB did but anybody that followed him throughout the minors knew he had an inconsistent bat that struggled with breaking balls. Other than role reversal  the difference is that we have legit control of the ‘21 club.

Edited by ZfromCIS

They should move Aguilar for sure if they can get a piece they can use in the future.

The same mindset should apply for Dickerson and Duvall.

They need to sit down with Marte and Rojas during the break and look at the parameters of a potential deal.

Even if you dont get it done, you know what you are looking at and if there is any chance you can agree on a deal.

Even though Marte wants to stay in Miami, money talks in the end.  He isnt taking a team friendly deal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

They should move Aguilar for sure if they can get a piece they can use in the future.

The same mindset should apply for Dickerson and Duvall.

They need to sit down with Marte and Rojas during the break and look at the parameters of a potential deal.

Even if you dont get it done, you know what you are looking at and if there is any chance you can agree on a deal.

Even though Marte wants to stay in Miami, money talks in the end.  He isnt taking a team friendly deal. 

I agree 100% with this post from @Das Texan.

Wait, what?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.