Sign in to follow this  
Hotcorner

Cooper

I will say Cooper has certainly been a surprise this year, but I think the Fish know that this is probably the peak of his performance for them. Looking at it long term if no one else develops at first for the Marlins( their minor league options are few),  they'll still need to upgrade at first in a couple of years when they are ready to compete. 

3 hours ago, fanofthefish said:

I will say Cooper has certainly been a surprise this year, but I think the Fish know that this is probably the peak of his performance for them. Looking at it long term if no one else develops at first for the Marlins( their minor league options are few),  they'll still need to upgrade at first in a couple of years when they are ready to compete. 

I don't know man,  I think that he will get better and peak around his 31-32 years old seasons (like Justin Bour) assuming he remains healthy. I definitely think he's capable of being a starter on a playoff version of the marlins. Even if his average regresses to around .270-.280 (which it probably will) I still envision him being a productive hitter with a consistently high slugging %. The team should eventually be fine offensively, specially if we you're getting the production we're hoping to receive from Isan Diaz and Monte Harrison. If they need an upgrade anywhere I think it's shortstop (assuming, they keep Banderson at 3rd)

2 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I think that he will get better and peak around his 31-32 years old seasons (like Justin Bour)

Bour is currently 31 and doing terrible. His age 29 year [2017] was his best.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Bour is currently 31 and doing terrible. His age 29 year [2017] was his best.

man Idk why I thought he was 32 when he was here. Ok forget the bour reference, I stand by what i said lol

1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

man Idk why I thought he was 32 when he was here. Ok forget the bour reference, I stand by what i said lol

This just in: Bour.

• Laugh 1