Jump to content

6/11 Post Game Thread


Michael
 Share

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, FishFan95 said:

This just makes me more skeptical of Jesus Sanchez.

I remember to read one article in the Miami Herald said that our new triple A team (Jacksonville) was not making our triple A hitters' power stats doubtfully like our former triple A teams.

This,

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article250986449.html

Edited by taiwanmarlin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I remember to read one article in the Miami Herald said that our new triple A team (Jacksonville) was not making our triple A hitters' power stats doubtfully like our former triple A teams.

This,

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article250986449.html

The power first approach seems to be counterproductive.  The focus should be contact (hard hit rates) with low SO that will sustain the transition into the pros.  The power will develop in time if the fundamentals are already in place.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard from the Braves commentary, that the mound visit in the 9th with 2 outs and a runner on 1st was to pitch around Albies putting Matzak to 2B.  

A single could tie the game just because Don wanted to walk Albies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FishFry said:

I heard from the Braves commentary, that the mound visit in the 9th with 2 outs and a runner on 1st was to pitch around Albies putting Matzak to 2B.  

A single could tie the game just because Don wanted to walk Albies?

I could see "pitch carefully to Albies" being a possible topic of conversation there, sure. Riley is much more prone to swinging and missing than Albies but, as you rightfully infer, a single from Albies would have potentially been a lot less damaging than a single from Riley.

It's possible they wanted a more favorable matchup with Riley coming up but in that case, why not just IBB Albies and not risk it? Heh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Don't wanna jump the gun and proclaim this team is any good but win the series this weekend and they'll have won at least 5 of 7 which would be a solid step forward from the absolute shit storm of the previous couple of weeks. 

This team is not as bad as its record, that’s been the most frustrating part of the season.

Edited by Erick
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

This just makes me more skeptical of Jesus Sanchez.

You're right, nobody should be guaranteeing that Sanchez is gonna be so great in the majors BUT as bad as the Marlins offense has been it's ridiculous that he hasn't at least had the chance to see if he can do it. That's what gets me about Sanchez, his lack of opportunity has come when the MLB team has needed him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Erick said:

This team is not as bad its record, that’s been the most frustrating part of the season.

Yep, and they still feel like they're a couple of relatively small moves away from being so much better. Again, this is why the FO's lack of urgency is so upsetting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Right. The apologists for the front office seem to sometimes miss that point.

To me it's the only point. This shit is not easy and no matter what they do there's no guarantee they'll be successful so I can't get mad at every little thing they get wrong BUT when they've done so many things right for these last few years and suddenly they're seemingly "right there" for the next step forward and suddenly they just stop pushing forward it's like what the hell is going on. It's like a sudden deviation from what they've been doing before this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Wait, who here is an apologist for the FO lately? Pretty sure we've all been on their cases lately. 

Not sure if anyone here is, but I saw some on twitter when reading replies to tweets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

To me it's the only point. This shit is not easy and no matter what they do there's no guarantee they'll be successful so I can't get mad at every little thing they get wrong BUT when they've done so many things right for these last few years and suddenly they're seemingly "right there" for the next step forward and suddenly they just stop pushing forward it's like what the hell is going on. It's like a sudden deviation from what they've been doing before this.

I don't know if it's really a deviation though because they've never really had to spend much money before this so we never got to see if they would in order to push the club.  It feels to me more of a "ah, so they are cheap afterall" type of thing rather than breaking off from the norm.  I'm sure you remember me being pissed off at how they handled the transition of ownership and I felt they were cheap then as well.  Some things made sense, but others didn't but eventually I got on board with the rebuild/re-envisioning because they were doing things a little bit differently so whatever.  This season does kinda show they are indeed cheap and unwilling to spend though.  For all our sakes as fans, I really hope they aren't and it's truly a matter of being stubborn and sticking to their guns on the 5 year plan they originally drew up (being stubborn is bad too but i'll take that over cheapness).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

I don't know if it's really a deviation though because they've never really had to spend much money before this so we never got to see if they would in order to push the club.  It feels to me more of a "ah, so they are cheap afterall" type of thing rather than breaking off from the norm.  I'm sure you remember me being pissed off at how they handled the transition of ownership and I felt they were cheap then as well.  Some things made sense, but others didn't but eventually I got on board with the rebuild/re-envisioning because they were doing things a little bit differently so whatever.  This season does kinda show they are indeed cheap and unwilling to spend though.  For all our sakes as fans, I really hope they aren't and it's truly a matter of being stubborn and sticking to their guns on the 5 year plan they originally drew up (being stubborn is bad too but i'll take that over cheapness).

I'm not talking specifics like spending money. They were stepping forward and stepping forward and stepping forward, always making progress even through the bumps along the way, but suddenly they don't wanna take the next step forward when it's seemingly right there... that's what they've deviated from. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm not talking specifics like spending money. They were stepping forward and stepping forward and stepping forward, always making progress even through the bumps along the way, but suddenly they don't wanna take the next step forward when it's seemingly right there... that's what they've deviated from. 

but the next step would have required additional spending starting with the offseason when they were in sore need of a catcher and there were several out there. Similarily with Marte - we just get non-committal answers.  I know we wanted Sanchez called up when he was red hot but it looks like they kept him down to manipulate service time to save money.  Also, not signing a vet and forcing bullpen games - more money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Don't wanna jump the gun and proclaim this team is any good but win the series this weekend and they'll have won at least 5 of 7 which would be a solid step forward from the absolute shit storm of the previous couple of weeks. 

This team always seems to be in contention and have that one run where they fall apart completely only to right the ship when it's too late.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

You're right, nobody should be guaranteeing that Sanchez is gonna be so great in the majors BUT as bad as the Marlins offense has been it's ridiculous that he hasn't at least had the chance to see if he can do it. That's what gets me about Sanchez, his lack of opportunity has come when the MLB team has needed him.

Agreed - I've said it a few times - he may come up and suck too, but what did they have to lose a few weeks ago when everyone was hurt?  DFA'ing Sierra?   lol

44 minutes ago, Erick said:

The Braves had a pitcher pinch running in the 9th inning last night. At least we’re starting new trends because that was definitely a Marlins move. 

 

Time to revive that slogan from years ago......."catch our waves"   lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...