Contreras trade proposal during offseason

hovertical

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

https://cubbiescrib.com/2021/06/12/chicago-cubs-rumors-marlins-wilson-contreras-trade-attempt/

Not sure how much to put into the accuracy behind this but I guess we tried to move Alfaro, Burdick, and McCambley for Contreras in the offseason.

I didn't see this anywhere else on here so apologies if this was covered already.

The Cubs also wanted Misner and one more prospect. They were asking a bit too much.

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

The Cubs also wanted Misner and one more prospect. They were asking a bit too much.

So they wanted Alfaro, Burdick, McCambley, Misner, +1??  i never saw the proposal in the article let alone the additional two players.  was this listed somewhere else on here previously?

4 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I would do Alfaro, Burdick, McCambley, Misner and Isan Diaz for Contreras and Kris Bryant.

Thoughts?

Bryant is a free agent after this year.. he's going to get paaaaaid. Contreras has one more year after this I think. I would have done that trade in a heartbeat at the beginning of the year

1 minute ago, Iowa said:

Bryant is a free agent after this year.. he's going to get paaaaaid. Contreras has one more year after this I think. I would have done that trade in a heartbeat at the beginning of the year

Knowing the Cubs, they would have probably asked for Jazz in that non existant trade scenario.

I would offer Alfaro, Isan Diaz, BA and Pablo for Contreras and Bryant. 😂

57 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I would do Alfaro, Burdick, McCambley, Misner and Isan Diaz for Contreras and Kris Bryant.

Thoughts?

Who wouldn’t. 

But seriously, just for Bryant, the price would be high. It would take Sixto + Burdick for him alone.  

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

So they wanted Alfaro, Burdick, McCambley, Misner, +1??  i never saw the proposal in the article let alone the additional two players.  was this listed somewhere else on here previously?

Herald article a while back I believe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.