6/13 Post Game Thread

Michael

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Translation: there is no excuse to not bring up Sanchez tomorrow. 

I used to be so irked by Mish but now he's the only one who has the balls to call out the organization even if he does it in a subtle way.

• Like 4

Perfect time to see if Jesus can stick if you ask me. If everybody comes back healthy and he’s able to stick them I have no problem moving on from Dickerson and Duvall and running out there like this. Would love to see these changes.

1) SS  Miggy

2) CF Marte

3) Alfaro - He needs to be somewhere where he can be in the middle of the O especially being that it’s looking like things have finally clicked for him at the plate.

4) 1st Aggy

5) 3rd Jazz

6) RF BA

7) LF Jesus

8) 2nd Devers - he’s so young and has such a great approach at the plate already that the only way he’s going to get better is if he faces more and more MLB pitching when he gets back. The question which him now isn’t if he can hit up here but to start becoming consistent. 

- I would Coop to start getting work at 3rd and LF so he can develop into a UTL  guy for us. He’s obviously never going to play up the middle but I definitely think he can be more than average at LF and especially 3rd. 

- If Brigman can prove he can stay up then I might DFA Berti. Our bench needs more pop and he’s doesn’t provide pop. Sure he can play a lot of positions but it means nothing when you’re slashing as horrible as he is.

Edited by ZfromCIS

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Translation: there is no excuse to not bring up Sanchez tomorrow. 

I used to be so irked by Mish but now he's the only one who has the balls to call out the organization even if he does it in a subtle way.

He’s definitely getting FO pressure.  You can feel the political restraint in his tweets.  It’s like hes being held hostage and informs through morse cording these days.

1 hour ago, FishFry said:

He’s definitely getting FO pressure.  You can feel the political restraint in his tweets.  It’s like hes being held hostage and informs through morse cording these days.

I doubt the team is getting on him for this. He's just doing his job so I feel like the subtlety is just professionalism because you also don't want to just rip them either. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Perfect time to see if Jesus can stick if you ask me. If everybody comes back healthy and he’s able to stick them I have no problem moving on from Dickerson and Duvall and running out there like this. Would love to see these changes.

1) SS  Miggy

2) CF Marte

3) Alfaro - He needs to be somewhere where he can be in the middle of the O especially being that it’s looking like things have finally clicked for him at the plate.

4) 1st Aggy

5) 3rd Jazz

6) RF BA

7) LF Jesus

😎 2nd Devers - he’s so young and has such a great approach at the plate already that the only way he’s going to get better is if he faces more and more MLB pitching when he gets back. The question which him now isn’t if he can hit up here but to start becoming consistent. 

- I would Coop to start getting work at 3rd and LF so he can develop into a UTL  guy for us. He’s obviously never going to play up the middle but I definitely think he can be more than average at LF and especially 3rd. 

- If Brigman can prove he can stay up then I might DFA Berti. Our bench needs more pop and he’s doesn’t provide pop. Sure he can play a lot of positions but it means nothing when you’re slashing as horrible as he is.

You kinda lose a lot of value from BA in RF.  Is his bat even worth moving out of 3B?   

Jazz stays at 2B for now.  They should just DFA Berti, send Isan down and rotate Devers at 2B on rest days.  Not a big deal when Devers bats LH.  Why am I even doing this to myself...Devers and BA are injured and Don is the manager.

Platoon Cooper/Duvall at RF.  Cooperstown is to injury prone, he couldn’t last a game at 3B with his big league chew bulging out of his cheeks. He could spell for Aggy but I prefer Lewin at this point. 

Sanchez starting in LF, spelled by Dickerson on schedule days off.

I’m all for moving Jazz down in the lineup. It’s not a knock on him, just think he would have better production.  Not hot on Alfaro at 3rd.  Your lineup grades out a A-\B+

14 minutes ago, FishFry said:

You kinda lose a lot of value from BA in RF.  Is his bat even worth moving out of 3B?   

Jazz stays at 2B for now.  They should just DFA Berti, send Isan down and rotate Devers at 2B on rest days.  Not a big deal when Devers bats LH.  Why am I even doing this to myself...Devers and BA are injured and Don is the manager.

Platoon Cooper/Duvall at RF.  Cooperstown is to injury prone, he couldn’t last a game at 3B with his big league chew bulging out of his cheeks. He could spell for Aggy but I prefer Lewin at this point. 

Sanchez starting in LF, spelled by Dickerson on schedule days off.

I’m all for moving Jazz down in the lineup. It’s not a knock on him, just think he would have better production.  Not hot on Alfaro at 3rd.  Your lineup grades out a A-\B+

It’s about finding ways to get Coop ABs. He’s definitely not going to be at 1st or at RF long term. Let him play in LF and move one from Duvall/Dickerson if Sanchez can prove to hit up here. The last thing I want is a limited ATH and arm in RF. Put BA in RF and you have the east coast version of Austin Slater of the Giants. He fits there better long term and allow flexibility. Devers needs ABs to improve at this point because AAA or AA at this point for him is moot because he’s already having great ABs vs big league pitching and Jazz can’t play short defensively. He’s way too up in down. Instead of giving him that free range take Jazz and put him in that inclosed area to utilize his plus arm and athleticism. 

39 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

It’s about finding ways to get Coop ABs. He’s definitely not going to be at 1st or at RF long term. Let him play in LF and move one from Duvall/Dickerson if Sanchez can prove to hit up here. The last thing I want is a limited ATH and arm in RF. Put BA in RF and you have the east coast version of Austin Slater of the Giants. He fits there better long term and allow flexibility. Devers needs ABs to improve at this point because AAA or AA at this point for him is moot because he’s already having great ABs vs big league pitching and Jazz can’t play short defensively. He’s way too up in down. Instead of giving him that free range take Jazz and put him in that inclosed area to utilize his plus arm and athleticism. 

We should just accept that Donnie Barasco and the FO prefer Isan & Dickerson (The fugazi’s) over Devers & Sanchez. 

Thats it....Bada bing bada boom. 

Fuggedaboutit!!

Edited by FishFry
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

It’s about finding ways to get Coop ABs

Fuggedaboutit. I had Cooper as my MVP and he made me look like a wise guy.  I’ll bury that cockroach.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, hovertical said:

I feel like you should have clarified better when you said we're allergic to sweeps - they can go both ways you know.  Don't be Todd.

I don't see the problem with being allergic to being swept though?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.