Jump to content

Glasnow blames MLB substance crackdown for UCL injury


SonOfJack
 Share

Recommended Posts


This whole league is a fucking joke and I don’t know if I’ll be laughing or crying when the shit really hits the fan soon. The league since Manfred is so unbelievably dumb since Manfred took over yet the players find new inventive ways to remain unlikeable such as complaint of injuries because you can’t cheat no more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michael said:

"I felt like I was choking the ball," he said.

I'm in a bit of agreement. If they were going to make this change, it had to be in the offseason, not midseason.

This is on the pitchers for basically flaunting the rule and willingly breaking it SO BAD that MLB HAD to do something as a result. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Das Texan said:

This is on the pitchers for basically flaunting the rule and willingly breaking it SO BAD that MLB HAD to do something as a result. 

There was no enforcement, so why the hell not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should spider tack be illegal? Yea. Should rousin and sunscreen, something that’s been used even before the HR era? No. You’re going to see power throwers like Glasnow hurt themselves more and more are going to. The need an easy way to get a firm grip because it relives pressure off of their arm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Michael said:

There was no enforcement, so why the hell not?

because they forced MLB to say ok, i guess we actually have to do something mid season its so bad.

reading is key. 

if they had continued on with what they 'had' been doing, would have looked the other way.  Essentially flaunting it because you know you cant get in trouble forced MLB's hand.

this is on the pitchers collectively.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZfromCIS said:

Should spider tack be illegal? Yea. Should rousin and sunscreen, something that’s been used even before the HR era? No. You’re going to see power throwers like Glasnow hurt themselves more and more are going to. The need an easy way to get a firm grip because it relives pressure off of their arm. 

or they can just learn how to you know, pitch properly and navigate through a lineup effectively 3 times or so, throwing 100-120 pitches, not going full effort EVERY PITCH like starting pitchers did really until the last 10 years or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

or they can just learn how to you know, pitch properly and navigate through a lineup effectively 3 times or so, throwing 100-120 pitches, not going full effort EVERY PITCH like starting pitchers did really until the last 10 years or so.

See this answer here? It’s let’s me know you’ve never pitched and/or played baseball before. That combination isn’t even used to create spin rate but to dry your hands so you could get a good grip especially in cold environments and altitudes like where Colorado plays. It has nothing to do with learning how to pitch. Rousin and sunscreen has been used since the 70’s and 80’s and there are solutions just like that one that are going to be approved by baseball next year but it won’t be this year for some dopey reason.

Edited by ZfromCIS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ZfromCIS said:

See this answer here? It’s let’s me know you’ve never pitched and/or played baseball before. That combination isn’t even used to create spin rate but to dry your hands so you could get a good grip especially in cold environments and altitudes like where Colorado plays. It has nothing to do with learning how to pitch. Rousin and sunscreen has been used since the 70’s and 80’s and there are solutions just like that one that are going to be approved by baseball next year but it won’t be this year for some dopey reason.

huh?

pitchers in todays game go max effort from pitch 1 until they are taken out.

Spider Tack or whatever the fuck they are using is being used to get a better grip, thus get a higher spin rate which makes the nerds heads turn wildly!

Rosin and sunscreen has been used to get a better grip.  Thats been fine.  The point is that pitchers took that allowable fine line that nobody talked about and went SO FAR past it, that MLB's hands were forced.  

Pitchers still need to learn how to pitch like they used to, which probably reduces injury rate as it is, because going max effort 100% of the time is going to lead to injury.

Glasnow is a prime example.  He used the stuff to get a better grip so he could make his pitches that much more lethal.   Now that its not allowed, in order to put the same spin rate on your ball, you have to try and put EVEN MORE strain on your arm.  

Maybe do things like change speeds, charge batter's eye level, move the ball all around the zone should be done instead. 

Glasnow is a fucking dope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

huh?

pitchers in todays game go max effort from pitch 1 until they are taken out.

Spider Tack or whatever the fuck they are using is being used to get a better grip, thus get a higher spin rate which makes the nerds heads turn wildly!

Rosin and sunscreen has been used to get a better grip.  Thats been fine.  The point is that pitchers took that allowable fine line that nobody talked about and went SO FAR past it, that MLB's hands were forced.  

Pitchers still need to learn how to pitch like they used to, which probably reduces injury rate as it is, because going max effort 100% of the time is going to lead to injury.

Glasnow is a prime example.  He used the stuff to get a better grip so he could make his pitches that much more lethal.   Now that its not allowed, in order to put the same spin rate on your ball, you have to try and put EVEN MORE strain on your arm.  

Maybe do things like change speeds, charge batter's eye level, move the ball all around the zone should be done instead. 

Glasnow is a fucking dope. 

Glasnow is correct in his take.

You are correct on this take.

Yay everyone wins!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 7:14 PM, Michael said:

Watch it turn out our guys were the only ones NOT using it all year and now our offense will take off while pitching stays the course.

Hehe, what if I told you Zac Gallen might  or might not have openly admitted that the Marlins are one of the worst teams when it comes to this subject?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Hehe, what if I told you Zac Gallen might  or might not have openly admitted that the Marlins are one of the worst teams when it comes to this subject?

I saw it - he didn't say "worst" though. "Taught their pitchers the benefit" of using it, nothing more than that. But did say he'll have more to say after Manfred addresses things.

Hill then denied it so take that as you will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I mean Tom Koehler and Zac Gallen I dont think were really in the organization at the same time.

so could both be true?

It is possible, yes. But why not tell all of them to, at the least, increase their trade value with their suddenly better stuff?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michael said:

It is possible, yes. But why not tell all of them to, at the least, increase their trade value with their suddenly better stuff?

maybe because Mike Hill didnt start preaching it to the pitchers until the year Gallen got there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

maybe because Mike Hill didnt start preaching it to the pitchers until the year Gallen got there?

 

Just now, Das Texan said:

I mean this being taken THIS FAR is really a fairly recent thing...

Yeah, this is fair. I think.

Either way, we'll find out soon, won't we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...