6/19 Post Game Thread

Michael

Sunday special lineup tomorrow, with Don thinking, "well we already won the series, time to get guys some rest" Dude manages like a little league coach, making sure everyone gets a chance to play. Ugh.

But anyway, was Pablo actually throwing 97, or is the Wrigley radar gun maybe a little generous? If he just put 3 mph on his fastball, that could be HUGE. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

On a side note, we see again why Bass should never...ever... pitch the 8th inning... even with a 10+ run lead

Once Floro pitched the 9th, it ruined the moment of wishful thinking, knowing Bender is still behind in order.   

3 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Last season, I made a huge post on this forum with comparisons between the ‘03 and ‘20 Marlins team/season.

I probably won’t do that again this season, but, I will say that in 2003, the Marlins started the season with a veteran left handed LF (Todd Hollandsworth) whose playing time vastly diminished when one of their top prospects was called up in June (Miguel Cabrera). 

Of course, it’s too early to know if we will see something similar with Sanchez and Dickerson, but if Hollandsworth were to get partially replaced mid season in the broadcast booth, I wouldn’t complain that much. 😂

Honestly.  Even if all we got was Todd out of the booth, I'd consider it a winning season lololol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Do it again. Soon.

It’s still a little early for a post like that. I would wait until August, or even September, to see how things play out in the next couple of months regarding any trades or future call ups.

I do remember though, that in ‘03 the Marlins did have a pretty good Rookie LHP starting pitcher who made the All Star Game that year.

But in couple of months from now we should be able to see if we can notice any more similarities. 😂

On 6/20/2021 at 12:15 PM, hovertical said:

Maybe Pablo's velo was up because the ball wasn't sticking to his hand anymore. That would also kinda be amusing if he was using something and now by not using it it makes him even better.

I wonder if this will actually happen with some pitchers 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.