Anthony Bender

8 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Love him, but he’s a must trade, no?

If they do trade him, he needs get closer reps so we get top capital.   The worst case scenario is if they trade him with the belief that he’s not a set-up or closer when he very well could be. 

Id prefer we keep him. 

2 minutes ago, FishFry said:

If they do trade him, he needs get closer reps so we get top capital.   The worst case scenario is if they trade him with the belief that he’s not a set-up or closer when he very well could be. 

Id prefer we keep him. 

Apparently Mattingly thinks he's a fourth inning guy. 

4 minutes ago, FishFry said:

Id prefer we keep him. 

Team has to be in the lead for setup/closer oops tho 😭😭😭

I think as is, he’d fetch a top tier prospect 

Just now, pollythewog said:

We’ve had several leads/blown saves this year, maybe he can help. Our bullpen is a part of the problem. Get assets for some of the other guys. 

Just now, SongInTheAir said:

Apparently Mattingly thinks he's a fourth inning guy. 

I think it’s more the FO trying to save face for the mistake of giving Bass the closer position while Bender was sent to the minors at seasons start.   They just trying to beat a dead horse that died a month ago. 

This team is upside down.  

9 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

I don’t trust management at this point when they can’t even evaluate their own players (Bender)

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

He's on this tirade of trade everyone and their brother tomorrow.

If they don’t fire Mattingly before the trade deadline, that’s what could happen. 

27 minutes ago, Erick said:

We’ve had several leads/blown saves this year, maybe he can help. Our bullpen is a part of the problem. Get assets for some of the other guys. 

Bullpen arms have biggest variability year to year. If they can get a top 100 prospect for him gotta do it

1 hour ago, SongInTheAir said:

absolutely not, he's under team control and should be in the bullpen for a while. With a better manager next year, he'll be pitching higher leverage innings instead of the fucking 4th and 5th. 

I think I've heard/read it's basically a one year thing and may be a free agent after the season ... not under club control at all.

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think I've heard/read it's basically a one year thing and may be a free agent after the season ... not under club control at all.

He has three options and zero service time before this season, I am pretty sure that means the team has his rights beyond this season, but it's a little tricky because of his time in Indy ball. 

Looks like Spotrac isn't sure either, Free Agent date listed as "-"

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/miami-marlins/anthony-bender-20851/

7 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

Hey, guys! I’ve got a cool idea. Let’s bring in the guy with a 0.00 ERA for the 7th inning of a 9-2 game. Super high leverage, bro.

It could come back to haunt us if we need him today and tomorrow, but he hadn't pitched since the 20th so he did need some work.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.