6/26 vs Nats - 4:10 p.m.

SonOfJack

18 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

If marlins pitching coaches have made Zach Thompson a legit SP I will bow down. Like, this dude has never had a curve

If only our hitting coaches were this successful.  LOL

Once all our SP are healthy and promoted, Thompson and even Poteet might be legit back end bullpen arms.  They have more K potential than all but maybe Curtis and Bender.  

16 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Umm is Thompson elite???

He’s always struck dudes out but he lets his stuff get out of control because he’s a big guy. If they can reign it in he’s legit.

Just now, ZfromCIS said:

He’s always struck dudes out but he lets his stuff get out of control because he’s a big guy. If they can reign it in he’s legit.

He’s never thrown a curve like he has today. He looked elite today mixing the speeds 

Just now, pollythewog said:

He’s never thrown a curve like he has today. He looked elite today mixing the speeds 

Like I said, he’s a big dude. Big dudes have trouble with release points because of their length. A curve needs a consistent release point so if they figured it out with him then we cooking with grease again. He’s always struck dudes out though.

4 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Like I said, he’s a big dude. Big dudes have trouble with release points because of their length. A curve needs a consistent release point so if they figured it out with him then we cooking with grease again. He’s always struck dudes out though.

He also threw a couple change ups, never a part of his arsenal. If fish coaching developed him well..,