Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm

it wouldn't be a trade dateline without Hill fucking it up right ?

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

I am baffled right now. Jazz is their top prospect according to MLB.com, not that it means anything. I never heard of him personally.

Fangraphs also has him as 29th best prospect.

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I am about to be pissed.

Surprise me somehow.

Trading from a position of depth? how good is Chisolm?

From MLB Pipeline: 

The 2015 international class produced a pair of Bahamian shortstops in Lucius Fox and Chisholm. But while Fox was the more touted amateur prospect and signed with the Giants for $6 million, it's been Chisholm who has blossomed into the better pro prospect since signing for $200,000. After a torn right meniscus derailed his first full season and limited him to just 29 games, Chisholm bounced back to club 25 home runs in 2018, leading all Minor League shortstops. He finished his age-20 season with a torrid stretch in the California League, hitting 10 homers in 36 games following a promotion, and then tied a bow on his breakout year with an impressive showing in the Arizona Fall League.

Just now, SilverBullet said:

how good is Chisolm?

D-Backs #1 prospect. In the top 100 overall. Having a rough year in AA though.

per Keith Law on his midseason top 50

38. Jazz Chisholm, SS, Arizona Diamondbacks

Coming out of spring training, I expected Chisholm to perform well enough to jump into the top 20, but he got off to a rocky start in April and May, striking out too often (not shocking) and not doing much on balls in play (very shocking). He has been better the past few weeks, and it's not as if his electric bat speed changed. Even with his lousy start, he's second in the Southern League in homers with 17, behind a player three years his senior, and is still a 70 runner who has the hands and quickness to be a plus defender at short if he keep his body under control. I still think he's going to be a star, but he might be a year behind where I thought he was in March.

• Like 1

Jazz's ETA was 2020 before this season, rough year in AA could change that.

People complained we didn't have any top 100 prospects... now we're getting some and on the offensive side. I love Gallen but I'm not pissed. I'd rather this than Caleb .

• Like 2