Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm

I think the best part of these trades are that we are getting max value out of guys that have over achieved to an extent.  Gallen was the 3rd piece in the Ozuna trade behind Alcantara and Sierra (regardless of how Alcantra and Sierra have performed) and they were able to flip him for a top SS prospect which we sorely needed.  

Also, Vallimont was a 5th round pick and they were able to flip him for a slick fielding left handed power hitter that is a possible piece of our next long term core.  

So, we haven't dealt any top draft picks or any of the main returns from the trades of 2 off seasons ago and we were able to add top prospects in return.  All in all, the front office is kicking ass and it's refreshing.  I have no problem admitting I was wrong about Jeter and Co.  I'm very glad I was.  Go Marlins... The future has never been brighter! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Vic D said:

I'd be willing to bet with Sandy's "tools and potential", he'd be able to return something amiable. Maybe not quite Jazz, but a top 5ish prospect from somebody.

They’d be selling low on sandy to trade him now.  It would be the worst time to trade him.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

I think the best part of these trades are that we are getting max value out of guys that have over achieved to an extent.

This

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DTrain said:

Zero chance Arizona gave up Jazz for Sandy. 

Of course. 

6 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

look at his minors numbers before this year. Look at his peripherals at the big leagues. Pretty sure the high ceiling projection as a 4 or 5 starter is likely, 

You keep referring to last year, he has taken a huge step this year in the minors and showed promise as a starter.  The kid will be a stud and will come back to bite us im sure just like Paddock and Castillo.  Mike Hill never learns and has traded away quite a few good and hasn’t gotten the same kind of return. 

• Like 1

The pitchforks are going to be out for Yamamoto soon. He better turn it back around in a hurry.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

They’d be selling low on sandy to trade him now.  It would be the worst time to trade him.  

I don't foresee it getting much better for him and his value somehow rising. At least at this point there's still a wildcard/lottery ticket angle with him probably to some clubs. Like I said, he's shown literally zero progress as a pitcher. I'm really hoping the ppl who this should matter to are noticing this. 

So how do all these trades change our ETA to being good? Especially since we are trading out some of the guys we got in more recent deals and going even younger.

Just now, Vic D said:

Like I said, he's shown literally zero progress as a pitcher

I disagree with this statement but I respect your opinion.

• Like 1