Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm

1 minute ago, Undakai said:

Na, I wanted to get off the first floor.

there's no getting off

David%20Pumpkins.gif

9 hours ago, Vic D said:

Went from looking forward to watching like 4 or 5 rotation starters to 2. Every night there was a guy I was really excited to watch perform and grow. Now, Hernandez and Noesi are lame duck fill in guys with no future, and Alcantara just blows. Need Lopez back so I can have 3 of 5 at least. Or another intriguing call-up. Dugger ain't it lmao.

In the meantime, Gallen continues to impress with 5 more shut out innings.  Still bugs me that he was let go.  Watch him turn into the next good pitcher this team let’s go....

• Like 1

The marlins starting pitching has looked terrible as of late and seeing Gallen pitch well tonight makes me wish he was still with the team.. 

5 hours ago, Lakeshow00 said:

In the meantime, Gallen continues to impress with 5 more shut out innings.  Still bugs me that he was let go.  Watch him turn into the next good pitcher this team let’s go....

I was cool with the trade with the Rays to land Jesus, but was very against the Gallen one. I really don't think we'll end up winning that trade. I think there are other ways to go about acquiring a SS of the future besides trading your best young MLB ready staring pitcher. Obviously though, the jury is still out, and will be for some time.

7 hours ago, Lakeshow00 said:

Still bugs me that he was let go.  Watch him turn into the next good pitcher this team let’s go....

He wasn't "let go", he was traded for a top prospect. A prospect who plays a position they needed more considering the pitchers in the system. There aren't guys like that just sitting around to acquire for nothing.

I'll reiterate that 99% if not 100% of people here would have liked this trade if it took place before the season. A few months should not change that. I remember a good amount of people saying they got owned in the Ozuna deal, so Gallen seemingly became untouchable in the last few months. Otherwise I am wondering why there weren't a bunch of threads praising the regime for getting a "young stud" pitcher like Gallen (along with other players) for a guy with only 2 years left on his control.

They sold high for a change. It is a risk of course, but I'd rather they do that than they keep a guy until he regresses and then miss out on a chance to get a potential stud like they got. There is a decent chance Gallen regresses. I hope he doesn't, but he might.

• Like 4

@SonOfJack do you have any gifs of a gorilla spilling milk? That'd be good here.

Got a couple people here acting like Gallen would have taken us to the playoffs this year. This team is to develop right now, not be good. We got more arms coming up that will be much more exciting than Gallen.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Michael said:

@SonOfJack do you have any gifs of a gorilla spilling milk? That'd be good here.

Everyone needs to just make believe that is milk. Best I can do.

MKAFYX.jpg

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Everyone needs to just make believe that is milk. Best I can do.

MKAFYX.jpg

Wow was that gorilla going to drink all that milk?!

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

He wasn't "let go", he was traded for a top prospect. A prospect who plays a position they needed more considering the pitchers in the system. There aren't guys like that just sitting around to acquire for nothing.

I'll reiterate that 99% if not 100% of people here would have liked this trade if it took place before the season. A few months should not change that. I remember a good amount of people saying they got owned in the Ozuna deal, so Gallen seemingly became untouchable in the last few months. Otherwise I am wondering why there weren't a bunch of threads praising the regime for getting a "young stud" pitcher like Gallen (along with other players) for a guy with only 2 years left on his control.

They sold high for a change. It is a risk of course, but I'd rather they do that than they keep a guy until he regresses and then miss out on a chance to get a potential stud like they got. There is a decent chance Gallen regresses. I hope he doesn't, but he might.

A lot of the pitchers in the system outside of Sixto aren’t a sure thing and have showed the promise that Gallen has.  The guy was dominant this year in the minors and looked good in almost every one of his major league starts so far. Gallen could of been a part of the future and rebuild and a good middle rotation guy for this team.   Good pitchers are hard to find and outside of Caleb, he seems to be the only polished starter this team has.  

Brinson was also a potential stud and we have all seen how that has worked out so far.  It just irks me to see so many successful ex Marlins pitchers that Hill just trades away and you look at some of the returns we have gotten just hasn’t worked out. Luis Castillo is a prime example as well and many others..

• Like 1