Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm

10 minutes ago, MrAndMrsFish said:

PUKE!!!!! a career .253 hitter

Well, fangaphs say his hit tool is the worst. He at the very least has a .782 ops, which is better than Monte Harrison's. He is also has a projected 60 fielding tool and 55 throwing to go along with his 55 speed tool. Still the move is a puzzling one if it is one for one.

Trading Gallen is only reasonable if we don't trade any other starters at or close to MLB level. Trading from depth is ok if you don't suddenly remove all the depth, keep it as depth so to speak.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

People complained we didn't have any top 100 prospects... now we're getting some and on the offensive side. I love Gallen but I'm not pissed. I'd rather this than Caleb .

I want to research the kid more first before I decide how I feel about this deal. Just caught off guard.

• Like 2

This just looks like gambling at this point. You get one right (Gallen) you bet again and hope to double your earnings. This crap will never end but will end badly.

I'm a big Gallen fan, but I like this trade for the fish. an actual real SS for the first time in how long now?

• Like 2

#59 on MLB Pipeline.  Plenty of of power and good defense from what I read.  .204 average but still has  18 HR and a .732 OPS.  Intriguing prospect with high ceiling but far from as sure thing.  Still not sure how I feel about this trade.

• Like 1

Just now, SonOfJack said:

I want to research the kid more first before I decide how I feel about this deal. Just caught off guard.

Jazz is awesome. 21 in AA mashing (average aside, who cares). Obviously Ks a lot. He can stick at SS. I'm on board for it.

• Like 3