Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm

4 minutes ago, Lakeshow00 said:

A lot of the pitchers in the system outside of Sixto aren’t a sure thing ...

I hate to say it, I really do, but Sixto isn't a sure thing either. He is a promising arm at the moment and our top prospect, that's all for now. We have a few promising arms around him.

I understand being upset at trading Gallen, but again, it's not like he was taking us to the playoffs this year (or the next, or the next). We traded from a position of strength to help fill a position of need.

Gallen would not have been called a "sure thing" before this season. So any of the guys in the minors could become a "sure thing" after this point. It is a gamble, but worth it considering the system. There were more potential "sure things" on the pitching side, than on the offensive side especially at SS.

For what it is worth, Chisholm was considered a "sure thing" before this season. He could become a "sure thing" again.

Not that I believe anyone is a "sure thing" anyway

• Like 2

On another note, it continues to baffle me how the same people imply Hill is incompetent for this trade, when he's the same guy that acquired Zac "Cy Young" Gallen in the first place along with others for a guy with only 2 years of control.

Yeah yeah I know it is just luck when a guy works out. But when a trade fails, it is because he's terrible at his job.

I hate this place for making me defend Mike Hill lately.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

On another note, it continues to baffle me how the same people imply Hill is incompetent for this trade, when he's the same guy that acquired Zac "Cy Young" Gallen in the first place along with others for a guy with only 2 years of control.

Yeah yeah I know it is just luck when a guy works out. But when a trade fails, it is because he's terrible at his job.

He’s incompetent because there was no reason to trade Castillo and he tried on TWO occasions to get rid of him.  What is the thought process to get Castillo out of town so badly?   All will be forgiven if his recent trades work out and this team becomes competitive again and makes the playoffs in 2 years or comes close but his prior track record will keep people skeptical until proven otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Lakeshow00 said:

He’s incompetent because there was no reason to trade Castillo and he tried on TWO occasions to get rid of him.  What is the thought process to get Castillo out of town so badly?   All will be forgiven if his recent trades work out and this team becomes competitive again and makes the playoffs in 2 years or comes close but his prior track record will keep people skeptical until proven otherwise.

Let me help you with that.  It's pretty simple:

LORIA.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

LORIA.

It really is crazy how none of them seem to grasp this. 

32 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

It really is crazy how none of them seem to grasp this. 

When Loria writes a best-seller about it called "The Art of the Deal: Strokes of Genius & Brushes With Greatness - How My Ego Changed South Florida Baseball" then maybe they'll see 

• Laugh 4

10 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

When Loria writes a best-seller about it called "The Art of the Deal: Strokes of Genius & Brushes With Greatness - How My Ego Changed South Florida Baseball" then maybe they'll see 

Loria already wrote a book. Don't think it was a best seller though.

https://amzn.to/2GT1TuQ

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

LORIA.

So Hill has 0 say and this was all his boss? I find that hard to believe.