Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm

8 minutes ago, Lakeshow00 said:

So Hill has 0 say and this was all his boss? I find that hard to believe. 

Of course you do. That's called bias. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Of course you do. That's called bias. 

And your biased with your hate of Loria if you want to play that card. Do you have any proof?

5 minutes ago, Lakeshow00 said:

And your biased with your hate of Loria if you want to play that card. Do you have any proof?

Hill was in the same role under Loria and Jeter.

His results under Jeter have been better overall. Of course they haven't been perfect, but nobody is.

Figure out the constant and the variable there. Logic will give you the answer. Unless you want to believe Hill just became lucky since Jeter took over.

Not to mention there were multiple reports over the years about Loria overstepping and forcing roster decisions.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lakeshow00 said:

A lot of the pitchers in the system outside of Sixto aren’t a sure thing and have showed the promise that Gallen has.  The guy was dominant this year in the minors and looked good in almost every one of his major league starts so far. Gallen could of been a part of the future and rebuild and a good middle rotation guy for this team.   Good pitchers are hard to find and outside of Caleb, he seems to be the only polished starter this team has.  

Brinson was also a potential stud and we have all seen how that has worked out so far.  It just irks me to see so many successful ex Marlins pitchers that Hill just trades away and you look at some of the returns we have gotten just hasn’t worked out. Luis Castillo is a prime example as well and many others..

To be honest Gallen is not a sure thing either. Plenty of pitchers have gotten off to a great start like he has and later burned out. Jarred Cosart immediately comes to mind. To his credit, Gallen is a very good pitcher and has a high enough floor that he will stick around for a while. Still think he will regress considering he is walking close to 5 batters per 9 and the babip off him is unsustainably low. Generally it takes more time for hitters to adjust to pitchers than vice versa. When the league finds a weakness it will come after it like a shark feeding frenzy to blood.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lakeshow00 said:

My only proof is the multiple media reports saying that Loria repeatedly demanded moves from Hill that Hill didn't want to make. At least I have that evidence while you continue to deny that this ever happened. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I guess I'm bi-biased. 

We all know you go both ways.

• Laugh 1