Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm

15 hours ago, Vic D said:

I was cool with the trade with the Rays to land Jesus, but was very against the Gallen one. I really don't think we'll end up winning that trade. I think there are other ways to go about acquiring a SS of the future besides trading your best young MLB ready staring pitcher. Obviously though, the jury is still out, and will be for some time.

I think Pablo Lopez is the best young MLB-ready starting pitcher. You also drew that very narrowly in what feels like an intent to serve your own point. Sixto is going to be ready sooner than you know it. Caleb isn’t super young, but he’s got plenty of prime left at 28. I like all 3 of them more than Gallen, and I really like Gallen.

With the plethora of high-upside arms who are *also* showing success at A+ and above — including strong strikeout numbers — there’s a lot to be excited about. 

12 minutes ago, mystikol87 said:

I think Pablo Lopez is the best young MLB-ready starting pitcher. You also drew that very narrowly in what feels like an intent to serve your own point. Sixto is going to be ready sooner than you know it. Caleb isn’t super young, but he’s got plenty of prime left at 28. I like all 3 of them more than Gallen, and I really like Gallen.

With the plethora of high-upside arms who are *also* showing success at A+ and above — including strong strikeout numbers — there’s a lot to be excited about. 

I like Gallen more than Pablo. Even with the small sample size. I like Smith a lot, but I was kinda leaving him outta the convo since he's not as young as Pablo, Sandy, Gallen, Yamamoto, Elieser etc. I think Gallen is better than that entire grouping of young MLB starters. Sixto isn't MLB ready so. There really is a lot to be excited about I agree. Gallen was kinda my dude though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

It's all we have. If multiple reporters have interviewed multiple people who have said the same thing multiple times it's as close to proof as we have. On the contrary where's your proof that Loria DIDN'T demand specific moves from Mike Hill? Because I've yet to read one single report that refutes it. 

By your logic nothing that has ever been reported by any media anywhere has ever been proof of anything. 

I never said proof about other stuff, I’m referring to strictly the Castillo situation.  IE quotes or something similar after the fact that would provide any insight on that move (after Loria sold).  Obviously there isn’t going to be anything 100% but I’m sure the fans or media would like some insight.  I find it hard to believe he was just a lap dog to Loria and had no say in anything . 

By the way, Hernandez pitched much like Gallen last night, don't know we offer Hernandez or not and the Arizona ask for Hernandez or not, or maybe Hernandez was just not in the same level with Gallen …

He has the shortest leash of all of the young starters, and is probably viewed as a spot starter and long relief kinda guy. I hope he gets a fair shake though. I'd like to see him regularly pitch for the rest of the season and then really evaluate him as a starter.

• Like 1