Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm

3 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Mariano Rivera just did that so it's just not impressive anymore. Gallen is going to get more than 100%. Not only will 100% of the living writers vote for him, but they will find envelopes of all the voting eligible writers who have passed away giving their votes to Gallen as well.

I don't even need you to show proof for this, it's obviously going to be true.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, hovertical said:

why not until Gallen gets into the HoF as a first ballot nominee?

I'm confused. Isn't he already in the HoF?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Why is the trade a mistake? If Jazz Chisholm is the starting SS on our next contending team then it was not a mistake regardless of what Gallen does. This team had/has pitching depth and a deficiency in offense so they used that pitching depth to acquire more bats. Good players get traded and it doesn't have to be labeled a mistake everytime a good player gets traded. 

• Like 1

I don't know if the video under the article is the same for everyone, so I found it on youtube. How ironic is it that below an article trashing the Marlins for being bad there is a video urging people to jump on the Nationals bandwagon (a team that lost over 100 games in 2008 and 2009 before starting their run of dominance). They also mentioned that they talked about the Astros (a team that lost 100 games 3 straight years, this decade no less).

9 minutes ago, Bret Hart said:

I don't understand why this thread is not burning down. Is it becoming a MEME?

It was a meme before the trade happened.

I also love how the Marlins get trashed for making trades and then the same article trashes the Marlins for trading a player acquired in one of those trades. I mean if Gallen is so valuable then maybe the Marlins know what they are doing with player acquisition and so it is far too early to write off the guy who has yet to make it to AAA just because Gallen is doing well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

I also love how the Marlins get trashed for making trades and then the same article trashes the Marlins for trading a player acquired in one of those trades. I mean if Gallen is so valuable then maybe the Marlins know what they are doing with player acquisition and so it is far too early to write off the guy who has yet to make it to AAA just because Gallen is doing well.

Anyway Jazz did pretty well with Jacksonville, just like he did pretty well in with the D-Back's affiliate in the 2nd half. You don't have to look too far to find another player who had a crappy 1st half before turning it on in the 2nd half of a season. That is exactly what Gallen did last year.