Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Marlins Trade Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm

3 minutes ago, Hotcorner said:

I think Zac would've been in that mix too, mainly because except Caleb none of them have done it yet.

Well I was a huge fan of Gallen but this is a pretty strong move.  They've basically got their starting infield now.

I just hope they don't jump the gun on what they assume will be a great group of arms coming soon. 

Gallen was always projected to be a 4-5 starter tops. The guys I mentioned all legitimately have a shot to be a 1, 2, or 3. Projections aren't always right, but the guys I have mentioned have been at least as good as Gallen was prior to the season. They are all capable of making that next jump.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Jeter got him just cause he's a shortstop.

Typical.

I'm not gonna pretend that I have been following the team and prospects closely the past couple of years, so I can't say I completely hate or love this trade considering I don't know much about Gallen or our depth. I actually assumed we still have crappy pitching prospects outside of Sixto.

I do think it's a smart trade to make that won't hurt us too much if Jazz becomes the next Hechavarriea (not bothering to look how to spell it correctly)

• Like 1

This was a great move.

I hate it, Because it was a great move.

I am so shook right now. The organization we follow are doing what is best for the organization. 

I'm just shook, I really liked what we saw from Gallen. 

Strap in, anything is possible.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Marlino said:

They finally have a starter that looks dominant and under control for 5 years and they trade him. Smith has been dominant, but only at times, and injured more than once. Marlins have a serviceable SS in Rojas. What's to like. They need 3 OFs.

Gallen's walk rate at the big leagues were concerning high. Eventually he would have given up enough hits and homers to make him pay if he did not fix this problem. Smith went through a rough patch in the middle- after pitching more innings then Gallen has so far.

• Love 1