Dickerson and Cimber to Blue Jays

14 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

It’s to keep Jesus in LF rest of yesr

No I’m glad Dickerson is gone, I just think it was a shitty trade. Granted, that all depends on the prospect coming over. The Blue jays did send over Conine for basically a month of Villar last season so they have a recent history of overpaying the Marlins lol 

1 minute ago, ZfromCIS said:

Panik & Cimber = wash

It think Toronto is eating Dickerson’s contract.

That's not how I saw it.  Panik is making $1.8 million this year...double what Cimber is making.  Plus Cimber is the most desirable part of the trade for Toronto.  He's been solid and has 4 years of control left.  He has value on the market.

So Toronto is paying the majority of the Dickerson contract and Panik is to even the salary a bit.  

1 minute ago, fauowls44 said:

That's not how I saw it.  Panik is making $1.8 million this year...double what Cimber is making.  Plus Cimber is the most desirable part of the trade for Toronto.  He's been solid and has 4 years of control left.  He has value on the market.

So Toronto is paying the majority of the Dickerson contract and Panik is to even the salary a bit.  

Panik is only making like 900k. Spotrac on Twitter posted that he makes 954k to be exact and then Blue jays take on 4.9 for Corey. It’s essentially a wash with Cimber and a salary dump.

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

Marlins are sending salary, I assume to make Panik and Dickerson fairly salary neutral.

The prospect is probably essentially for Cimber.   so expect a prospect of whatever you'd expect for Cimber. 

Just announced?

Dickerson's injury isn't minor so that's what gets me here. I'm not saying he was gonna get much more but if he was healthy this trade may have looked a little different.

And my question on Panik is what's the point on a team this far in the dumps, I don't see the need for him. 

Finally!!!!

I’ve been wanting Dick to get traded since last season. Nothing against him as a person, he seems like a friendly guy and a decent teammate, it’s just that even last year, I could already tell that Dick just didn’t fit. I mean he came up big in some moments over the past couple of seasons, I’ll give him that, but Marlins have too many talented outfielders in their system and with him in LF, it wasn’t letting those guys get a chance to play.

So many conflicting reports on the financials in this deal. But if this is true, it was a straight up salary dump. I know the payroll is astronomically high, but they could've gotten a better prospect if they didn't squeeze every penny.

• Like 2

• SonOfJack changed the title to Dickerson and Cimber to Blue Jays
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.