Dickerson and Cimber to Blue Jays

The thing is, Dickerson isn't very good. Cimber isn't all that valuable either so that's why we didn't get a special prospect for him. We basically got Cimber for nothing from Cleveland.

Also, who knows if the pitcher they got will contribute. They've actually been pretty good at evaluating pitchers for the most part. 

It's a trade that will open up more playing time for some of our younger players.

• Like 3

• SonOfJack changed the title to Dickerson and Cimber to Blue Jays

Just now, Iowa said:

Why do people care about this trade

Cimber would have had more value if they didn't get on their knees and beg Toronto to pay every cent of Dick's deal. It is kinda hard to debate the fact that the return would have increased if the Marlins paid some or all of Dick's deal.

• Like 2

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Cimber would have had more value if they didn't get on their knees and beg Toronto to pay every cent of Dick's deal. It is kinda hard to debate the fact that the return would have increased if the Marlins paid some or all of Dick's deal.

That's probably right but I'm not going to lose sleep over who we could have gotten for Adam bleepin Cimber. I'm just happy Sanchez will be playing everyday now

4 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Cimber sucks, i dont care what his ERA is at. Dickerson sucks. Panik sucks but atleast he can play 3B. Why do people care about this trade

dont forget the prospect they got back also sucks.

3 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

Wait, where are the cheap Jeter responses???

Obviously there'll be more players to go, did they really have to take Panik? Couldn't they get some batting practice baseballs or something useful?

If it means Isan will not be back up the rest of the year, im okay with it. atleast he has shown he can actually (somewhat) hit a major league baseball in the past

Edited by Iowa

The problem for me is that this is a sign of a much bigger issue. If they are cheap with this kind of thing, we have no hope of them being anything but cheap at other times.

Even if Passan ends up wrong and the fish tossed in a few cents, they still should've been willing to eat the whole thing or close to all of it. We aren't talking about 20 million here and the team doesn't exactly have a high payroll to begin with.

Cimber was an asset even if some disagree and they just used him as a way to dump salary. End of story.

• Like 5

Complete salary dump. Won't likely hurt the team very much overall at least since it was just Cimber but when you have a team that sends away a controllable arm just to have someone eat salary it's a concern. They're really starting to show their ass this year. So tired of cheap fuckers owning this franchise. Sherman wouldn't have even gotten it if golden boy Jeter hadn't been fucking attached to it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

Complete salary dump. Won't likely hurt the team very much overall at least since it was just Cimber but when you have a team that sends away a controllable arm just to have someone eat salary it's a concern. They're really starting to show their ass this year. So tired of cheap fuckers owning this franchise. Sherman wouldn't have even gotten it if golden boy Jeter hadn't been fucking attached to it. 

Its so unfortunate for this franchise Mas didnt get the team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

No I’m glad Dickerson is gone, I just think it was a shitty trade. Granted, that all depends on the prospect coming over. The Blue jays did send over Conine for basically a month of Villar last season so they have a recent history of overpaying the Marlins lol 

I still love that trade.

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Which could've been accomplished without being cheap fucks.

We weren't going to get a can't miss prospect for Dickerson and Cimber even if we paid the entire salary of all players in the trade. I don't know why people just assume that the other team will give up more prospect capital instead of just paying the salary themselves. This can free up resources to get a long term pick up at the deadline. Regardless of where the Marlins are in the standings, that is where they will attempt to go. They are not at the beginning of the rebuild. The system is rebuilt. Get guys who are ready now. McInvale may walk a lot of guys but he gets a ton of K's and limits hits. I thought that's what you guys wanted out of a BP pitcher. Complete opposite of Cimber who is a pitch to contact guy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

I don't know why people just assume that the other team will give up more prospect capital instead of just paying the salary themselves. This can free up resources to get a long term pick up at the deadline. 

Ok so your theory is that Toronto demanded to pick up the tab as a stipulation to make the trade and it wasn't that the Marlins asked them to?  Got it. Though I completely disagree. Dick is still hurt and could still miss extended time, I find it hard to believe any team would request to take his contract on. 

As for your last point, I'll believe it when I see it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.