Jump to content

Dickerson and Cimber to Blue Jays


Recommended Posts


40 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Mish says the Marlins are saying this is not a sell off and they're still going for it... obviously probably just PR talk but wtf? 

So what's the spin on this?

Trading Dickerson to keep Sanchez up and Panik is here to strengthen our bench? 

I guess that makes sense, they'll have to not shit the bed with the next trades to keep that narrative but if that's their spin they should have done this move a month ago. Feels like this same trade would have felt different when we weren't 11 games below 500 and in last place.

This is so damn insulting at this point though. Don’t sit here and try to tell me as a club your still in it and trying when you intentionally crippled your team for months with a short bench and failure to make any moves of value

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

This is so damn insulting at this point though. Don’t sit here and try to tell me as a club your still in it and trying when you intentionally crippled your team for months with a short bench and failure to make any moves of value

It's crazy how this very trade would feel so different if it happens in May.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After taking it all in I really have no opinion on the trade. Mish has said for a while dick has no value and no one would take him. My only issue with all of it is the talking heads and supposed club saying we are still trying and in it. Even if they go out become major buyers I’m still going to question the self sabotage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AeroFishOne said:

After taking it all in I really have no opinion on the trade. Mish has said for a while dick has no value and no one would take him. My only issue with all of it is the talking heads and supposed club saying we are still trying and in it. Even if they go out become major buyers I’m still going to question the self sabotage.

It's like the saying of "if a tree falls in the woods and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?" ... if you make a buyer's move when you're so far out of it, is it actually a buyer's move?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AeroFishOne said:

After taking it all in I really have no opinion on the trade. Mish has said for a while dick has no value and no one would take him. My only issue with all of it is the talking heads and supposed club saying we are still trying and in it. Even if they go out become major buyers I’m still going to question the self sabotage.

lol

 

but also, yeah Corey Dickerson is not even a league average player at his position AND he's injured AND he makes a lot more money than he should. He had negative trade value, as seen by this trade, where we had to give the team money and a decent baseball player just to take him away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Das Texan said:

The bigger story is this this pretty much cements what I've said all along.

Isan Diaz doesnt belong anywhere near a MLB roster. 

You say this like there was an army of people saying the opposite. Literally almost everyone here has said this for awhile.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SonOfSamson said:

You say this like there was an army of people saying the opposite. Literally almost everyone here has said this for awhile.

Not nearly as long as I've been saying it, tbh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...